ACDF corpectomy (decompression) and headaches

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

ACDF corpectomy (decompression) and headaches

Postby JASOT1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:51 am

I had a C4-5, C5-6 Anterior Discectomy and Fusion with decompression. I'm about a month post surgery and am starting to have pressure headaches . My headaches had been under control with TOPAMAX. I have a CHIARI 0, syringomyelia (Cervical and thoracic) and a released tethered cord). Has anyone had an ACDF and experienced NEW headaches????
JASOT1

Re: ACDF corpectomy (decompression) and headaches

Postby pmaxwell » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 am

I can not talk from experience but I do know there is always a period of adjustment following surgery. I would keep a daily journal not only of symptoms but also activity. Be sure to share information with your doctor. It can take months for everything to work itself out and come to some sort of balance.
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Re: ACDF corpectomy (decompression) and headaches

Postby kristinanneb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:52 am

I don't have any experience to share with you, but I am curious who your doc is. I haven't heard Chiari 0 mentioned much lately and I am wondering who your doc is that treats it. I have often wondered if this might be the cause of my idiopathic syrinx.

I hope your headaches ease up soon.

Thanks,
Kristin
kristinanneb

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders