Questions to ask a new Doc?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Questions to ask a new Doc?

Postby Debbieducati » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:44 pm

I was diag. in 2004 after one year of severe migraines and loss of balance. I was lost the use of my legs one year prior with no real diagnosis. I developed another rare problem in 2008 that took all my attention. It have a digestive problem where I do not process food. So this took all my attention. You can't eat you die. Well I know have a good gastroentrologist and doing a little better. During all of this I had to give up all pain meds. The last two years my pain has increased a lot. My migraines are putting me down for 5 days at a time. I have not had an MRI in over 4 years. The only MRI's I have had are my head and neck. The syrnix is at C-5 to C-7. My question is what should I ask this new Neurologist. I will give a list of all my symptoms, but in what order should I say them. My symptoms are and have been since my paralysis in 2003. Constant headache daily, migraines twice monthly, blurry vision every night, loss of vision off and on in left eye only, feeling off balance daily, Constant tight feeling around entire rib cage. "like a corset that is way too tight", daily muscle contraction of my legs, fatigue is daily, some days so bad it scares me, weak muscles, hand tremors, slurring my words, Can't take showers, "this hot water feels like pins and needles going into my skin, have to use a temp gage to check my water temp, off and on virtigo,. How would you put this in order and what else should I ask.. Thank you
Love to all
Debbieducati
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Re: Questions to ask a new Doc?

Postby syrinx48 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi Debbieducati,

First of all it's been a long time we heard from you! I am sorry to read that your symptoms got worse!

Why don't you print out the questionnaire from the chiari institute and fill this in before going to your new neurologist? It is a very helpful and very clear.

Take care,
Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby Debbieducati » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Where do I find this questioner?
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Postby syrinx48 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Go to www.thechiariinstitute.com and then to patient information. From there you can find the questionnaire. You can download the questionnaire and print it out. You can fill out the forms and take it with you to your neurologist

Take care,
Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby Debbieducati » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Thank you so much, it's been a long time since I have seen a doc for this. I am doing good though, I push through it all. I had 5 grand children during all this illness and now it does not matter how I feel, I refuse to miss out on life any more... This site is great for asking questions and getting help. Thank you again...
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Postby Debbieducati » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:37 pm

I saw the new Nuro Doc today with my husband, and yes some of my symptoms where up today. I printed out the question from the chiari institute and come to find out this doc did some work there. This was the best neruo, exam I have ever had. He is going to try Propranolol for tremors and the constant headaches, the I will have a die contrast MRI of my head neck and t-spine. This has only taken 11 years to do.... I will let you all know what happens from here, come to find out the nerve damage is not so great, I have a lot more going on then I was able to tell him. He found more wrong. He said this was because I have a good attitude about being sick with two very rare things. Thanks for the help with this. And to all remember never give up. We are all worth it..
Love to all
Debbieducati
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Postby syrinx48 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:01 am

Hi,

I am glad you had a thorough neurological exam! And that the neuro had done his job!
Keep us posted on the outcome of your MRI's!

Hugs,
Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby taichi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:26 am

botox helps my migraines
taichi

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders