RSO

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

RSO

Postby donny » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:26 am

Hi again,
Ive posted in the recent past that we live in a state where recreational and medical cannabis is legal. The medical dispencaries do have the RSO BUT they use a hybrid, (indica and stativa). The people there said to only use a n amount equal to a grain of salt and even then Heidi would get a little buzz. she used an amount equal to a small piece of gravel about 3x the amount they said would help and it does nothing. it doesnt control any pain its a waste of money and time. I really believe they make it wrong I think they use the stock of the plant and leaves from the plant unstead of the buds. its also a hybrid so that makes it more ineffective for our purpose.
On a good note, the oils that they have are pure indica not RSO but a concentrate that is high CBD which keeps her headaches under control and the neurogenic bladder in check. she still has the urgency but not as noticable and at night unstead of accidents she will either wake up and go or sleep through the night without any problems.
The underlying problems still exist and if I didnt live accross from a school I could legally grow/make my own RSO. I really think if and when we can get her the real RSO it will take care of the underlying problem which is just scar tissue from her previous tethered cord surgery.
Take care
Don
donny

Re: RSO

Postby gunflint » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 am

Sleeping through the night was something I'd given up on until I added to my meds. I'm also off of Lyrica all together and haven't "run short" on pain meds since. I hope you guys can get her dialed in soon. You might have her consider a different delivery system than oil. It would give her an opportunity to find a strain that works best for her then you can work on different ingestion methods until you find what works best. I wish you both well.
gunflint

Postby Graybo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi Donny and gunflint

I am looking after an elderly relative at the moment and I don't have much time to write at all for now.

From what others have told me, I think most of these so called RSO oils available are just tiny dose CBD oils using Rick Simpsons name. He warns people about this on his youtube interviews. He doesn't sell oil, he tells people to make it themselves. You should search for 'medical marijuana forums' there are plenty.

I don't know that much about RSO but I thought that most of the strains available were a hybrid of indica and sativa. As I understand it, medical strains are mostly indica but have some sativa. Rick Simpson explains this on his youtube videos if I remember right. So you just need a high percentage of indica not just pure indica. He says indica strains are relaxing while sativa strains are more energizing? You can get an idea of the percentages of indica to sativa if you look on sites selling the seeds. Here's an example - http://www.autofloweringseeds.com/searc ... er=&price=

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/medical-marijuana/

In addition to the pain relief, it really does fix your health over time. I just wish we were all allowed to use it without any problems, then I could get rid of the remaining stubborn, tense muscles, that won't let me free from the SM altogether. It is just a matter of time for me to get rid of the SM for good.

When I have used RSO, I used the time of muscle relaxation to do trigger points on myself and try to do yoga type stretches. I mean slow stretches and pressing on painful points to release the tension. It is a long and time consuming task but well worth the effort. At age 54, I didn't think it was possible to repair muscles back to like they were when I was at my fittest in my 20's. You should do searches for neck pain on youtube and find out which of your muscles hurt when you touch them. You will find that many diseases share common symptoms and I often wonder if the syrinx may be a symptom rather than a cause? - like if you trap your finger you get a blister - I think the syrinx contains CSF same as outside it? Could it be like a blister caused by the pressure of the muscles or injury? While working on some of my muscles, I have realized that some of the parts that I thought were bone around my neck and skull were really just tight muscles. How come I didn't I know they were muscles in the first place? And how did they get so hard?

Trigger points can be hard to find and you don't need to press hard to release them. You basically feel around for a little hollow were the pain is the worst, usually at the end of a muscle. It has a little dimple in it and it might not open up for a while. Sometimes you have to change the muscle position by moving then keep trying to find it. I can feel like a pulse when I find it. When I have released some tension in my neck it is such a relief. It feels like I am releasing old wounds and memories that might have been there for years. I know it sounds a bit strange but it works.

Where do you hold your tension? Release it and you will get rid of the symptoms.

Gotta go now. Hope you sort something out.
Graybo

Postby donny » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Graybo,
The purpose of the post in general was to let people know the RSO sold at medical dispensaries is junk and not worth the money.I believe you have posted in the past that you need to make your own but I/we had to chance it. lLesson learned. Also just wanted to let everyone know the high CBD of the oils are controling her pain/headaches and for the most part keeping the neurogenic bladder problems in check, not 100% but better.
I believe the way the dispensaries make the so called RSO is using the leaves and stock of the plants and they arnt concerned whether its indica or sativa. thats not the way its made. oh well lesson learned.
Take care
Don
donny

Postby syrinx48 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:00 am

Hi,
In Germany there is a drug called Sativex. I don't know if that is the same? It is only given to patient with MS. I read that the FDA in the United States were looking into it. It is admitted in Great Britain, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Germany, Austria and several other countries.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby donny » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Hello
Yes its similar in nature as the company uses the plant to come up with their medicine
. It looks as if its in stage 3 of the clinical trials as of oct of 2014 after that it takes a bit longer to be approved.
Once approved comes the real politics. insurance companies will need to have it on their list as covered medications and Drs will need to recognize its benifits. Drs may only be able to prescribe it per FDA approval. In other words only for the reasons it was approved by the FDA.
Thanks for the info, I have never heard of this medication but is a step in the right direction
Take care
Don
donny

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders