The Big Interview

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

The Big Interview

Postby marymac » Tue May 14, 2013 7:56 am

Hi Ho One and All

Surprise: i didn't get a denial! I did get a notice that they want me to go to their doctor for a mental exam: they set the appointment and pay for it. It's this week and I know one thing for sure: I'm not spending an hour painting on my happy face, not am I going to color my very gray hair (they seem to ALL be growing in gray all of a sudden). Au Natural is it for me: of course I'll shower and the instructions said to wear clean clothes - oh OK, novel idea, OY. Have NO idea what to expect or how long, but sure an anxious to get it done and over with. Hope this is a good sign. . . any comments or suggestions? Husband will drive me, as it's beyond my comfort zone. Please send good thoughts: I am getting so weak but will give it my best shot.
Love and hugs everybody
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Re: The Big Interview

Postby pmaxwell » Tue May 14, 2013 4:45 pm

I've not been in your shoes but have talked to lots of people who have so I know this is a common part of the circus you have to go through. Just be honest with them. You know your body, You know you did not ask for this and would much rather be able to work, enjoy family outings, etc that are not always possible now due to symptoms. thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby marymac » Tue May 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Thank you Patricia.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

marymac

Postby marymac » Thu May 16, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Ho dear ones

The psycho exam was not too bad or taxing afterall. . . they let my husband go with me into the room; big help. Now the wait: couple weeks or months, for their decision. For anyone else dreading it, don't worry. . . not as bad as predicted. Fingers crossed (ouch), xoxo
Marymac

marymac

Postby pmaxwell » Thu May 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Glad everything went well. Now the hard part - the wait. But hopefully not too long.

Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby wendi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:25 pm

It's been a few months, have you heard anything?

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby marymac » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Zip-da-de-do-da, nada, nope. Attorney's last words were "I'll call you. . . " Thx for asking. How's things with you?
xoxo
Marymac

marymac

Postby wendi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 am

I'm OK. Thanks for asking. Working at home this morning. I love my new business which gives me the opportunity to do this. But I forgot my cord for the computer, so I need to use it sparingly to save juice. I will go into the office later today. Not making any money yet, but it will come. The end of this month, I can call my old customers and they will come flying back to me, most of them. Once I get them back, the money will start to come. Since my stress is down, this helps me to feel better.

I will keep my fingers crossed you hear soon.

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby syrinx48 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:54 am

Perhaps it will be of help if I will keep my fingers crossed too! I really do hope for you it will come through and that you soon here something. Sometimes the waiting is killing!

@Wendi, I am so glad for you that things turned out so well for you and that the less stress is giving you so much quality of life back. Don't let the old customers take you back to the stressfull way of life you had! Take care of yourself!

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby wendi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks Annmarie. It was mostly the corporation of Allstate that did it. Most of my customers were great and this time around I know who is a pain the butt and I can just look for ways to not write their policy or make it too expensive. Things will be much better this time around. Thanks!

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to Disability Insurance Issues