Where Are THe Posts

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Where Are THe Posts

Postby gunflint » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:46 am

I'm about to dive into the SSDI nightmare and I was hoping to do some advance research but when I click on different posts from the past it says "The topic doesn't exist. Can anything be done?
gunflint

Re: Where Are THe Posts

Postby *Hope* » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:02 pm

I just tried some older (not too old) posts and had the same problem. IMO, that a HUGE problem for us. A lot of what goes on here is learning from old posts since the forums aren't super active. I tried to search a particular user's posts and can't do that anymore either. That was also an awesome way to learn (reading about their surgery, outcome, surgeon over time) and it's no longer available. I don't know what's going on here, but it's strange for sure.

You could make a new post in the "chiari, syringo, related conditions" forum about this problem. It's the most active and you may get some help. Also, you could contact a moderator about the problem. I sure hope they can fix it.

GL on getting your SSDI!
CM1
*Hope*

Postby razzle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:36 pm

gunflint sent you a PM

make sure the link under here says

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby texassyrinx2 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Good Luck with the process.

I was one of the lucky ones who got approved within 45 days of filing. I don't know why some seem to get it easy and others struggle for years. I can tell you I filed immediately upon leaving work in 2008 and at the same time got my STD and then My LTD private policy award. I can tell you I took the advise I got here and I had my complete medical record from the previous 20 years. YUP 20 years of MRI' X rays Dr visits notes and notes and note. 3 large notebooks well organized and indexed to make it clear enough for anyone to read. I also had letters from my family and employer on how my illness had affected my performance both as a wife and as an employee. I can say it was worth the extensive work to organize it all before my interview with SSA. I filed in May 08 was approved at the end of June 08 and got my first ssdi check in Nov or 08. So I can tell you it can happen.
I finally got my medicare this past Nov. Financially it is still tough adjusting to a limited income but we have learned to carefully budget and to live within a new lower financial bracket.

I hope the process goes well for you. Keep a positive attitude and be organized.

Wishing you the best of luck,

TX
texassyrinx2

Return to Disability Insurance Issues