FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: ASAP
Phone: (903) 236-7079
Email: info@asap.org

ASAP INSTALLS NEW OFFICERS
New leadership pledges continuity

Longview, TX February 7, 2018 – The American Syringomyelia and Chiari Alliance Project Board of Directors is pleased to announce election and installation of its new officers. Pursuant to its bylaws, new officers were elected in December 2017. Installation took place during the meeting of the board February 7th, 2018, to be effective immediately. Elected to three-year terms are President of the Board Eric Berning, Vice President Cathy Tufts and Secretary Rich Simon. Annie Chapman will continue in her role as Treasurer until such time that a suitable replacement can be found. Immediate past-president Patrice Schaublin will remain with the organization in the role of Executive Director.

Incoming president Eric Berning first discovered ASAP in 2005 when he attended a support group meeting in Houston, Texas. In 2014, after several years of volunteer service, Eric was invited to join the board of directors. During that time Eric has served on the board first as a member-at-large, then as secretary, before being elected president. “I realized through my own diagnosis and journey that I could serve as an example to others, that these conditions would have an impact on my life but not define my life,” says Berning. He adds, “I look forward to what the future holds for ASAP in our quest to fulfill our mission statement, as well as being instrumental in our continued success.” Outgoing president Patrice Schaublin says, “We look forward to Eric’s leadership; he brings new skills and optimism to our organization. Serving as president is not an easy task. We are deeply grateful to Eric for his past and continued service.”

Incoming vice president Cathy Tufts first began her service to ASAP with a series of successful fundraising walks. Being the mother of children affected by these disorders, Cathy had the strong desire to better serve the community, and joined the board of directors in 2014. “We have accomplished so much as an organization, but there is still so much more to do,” says Tufts. “I look forward to serving ASAP in my new role as vice president and being instrumental in having a positive impact on all those affected and the families so desperately seeking answers.”

Newly elected secretary Rich Simon has served on the board of directors since 2014. “This is such a fantastic group,” says Simon. “It is truly my pleasure to serve this organization to the best of my ability. I look forward to being part of our continued success.”

Outgoing president Patrice Schaublin will continue to serve ASAP in her new role as executive director. “It has been an honor to serve ASAP over these past many years. I am excited to begin a new era and support our new officers in continued service to our community,” states Schaublin. “Please join me in welcoming the new leadership and offering them best wishes for the continued success of ASAP.”

ASAP is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Our mission statement is “to improve the lives of persons affected by Syringomyelia, Chiari malformation and related disorders while we find The Cure.”

###

If you would like more information about this topic, please email info@asap.org.