Pain Medications

Poll the audience here!

Moderator: pmaxwell

Pain Medications

Postby twalker01 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 pm

I have trouble with pain meds. I can't take most of them. I have been on demerol and promethazine self injections for quite awhile. I would like to take something else because I have built up a tolerance to the drugs that do work. I do not know what to do. I can barely get around.

SM T4 - T9
twalker01

Re: Pain Medications

Postby razzle » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby karenb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi there,

I know it's be quite a while since you posted, but I've recently found a good pain management practice here locally, and they've really been opening up my eyes.

Last week, they had me try a custom-compound cream to see if it helped with some of my nerve pain (it was a stabbing pain that started in my left "sit-down bone" and shot down the back & side of my leg to the knee. This pain has been occurring for a long time, and nothing has really helped it much, except heat, and heat isn't doing a lot of good any more.

The cream was a compound of ketamine & ketaphen, along with lidocaine and gabapentin gel - I was pretty skeptical, but it really does work well. The pain faded away almost immediately! I really like the fact that it isn't a systemic medication.

I guess my point is to keep searching. Good luck!

Karen
karenb

Postby pseudotumor » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm

I've used similar compounded cream for post-op scalp nerve pain and would also recommend giving it a shot. It doesn't work wonderfully for me, but the combination of it, gabapentin, and lyrica numbs it out enough that i'm not in agony...unless I'm washing/brushing my hair...
pseudotumor

Postby davidcalleo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:38 am

I have just joined this forum - just found out that I have a cyst from T12 to T4 and it is a syrinx. I have had THREE back operation in the last 3 years. XLIF and a Lami. Just recently been having chest pain to the point of making it hard to breathe. Also, it just started getting cold in NJ so when I am outside my fingertips have been getting numb to the point of not feeling them. I have to go inside and run warm water on them. Just found out thru reading on line this may be caused by the cyst. Taking 20mg oxcy now, have been as high as 80mg prior to surgery. That really does not help too much. Any others have the same symptoms? I am 50 year old too!
davidcalleo

Return to Polls