removed by MM

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

removed by MM

Postby marymac » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:31 am

Sorry, removed post.
Last edited by marymac on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Re: thru "sickness and health" my butt

Postby tennesseewalker » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm so sorry Mary. Maybe you could suggest to your daughter how much $$ it is going to cost him in alimony. She might realize she's not doing him any favors by telling him to abandon ship.

And then...tell her SHE's going to have to take care of you after he's gone. She'll be reeling herself when she realizes how bad she screwed up.

That being said, he may or may not go. When he realizes how expensive it's going to be for him to pay for two households, and that your daughter won't feel that she should have to help him pay for them both, he'll change his tune.

Oh, and another thing you can tell your daughter is that CM/SM is hereditary and she just might wake up one day in the same fix as you are in now, and that payback is a **!

Was there ever a time in your married life when you worked a full time job, AND took care of the kids, AND cooked AND cleaned AND did laundry while he came home from work and let you do it all? Well, now it's HIS turn.

I'm sorry I'm bashing your loved ones. I know you just need to vent. Please forgive me and know that all is not lost. Don't be licked by something that hasn't happened yet.

Gentle hugs.
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Re: thru "sickness and health" my butt

Postby Debbieducati » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:11 pm

I have also been married that long. I have been sick for 10 years, and have not worked in 2 years. I told my husband when I stopped working he had to go back. He retired early because he could. I had to tell him "I did not think he was taking care of me the way I felt he should". Saying that to his face was the hardest thing I have ever said to him. Some family can handle illness better then others. If he is one who can not, for what ever the reason. You are better off with-out. The added stress every day from the one's who can't understand, or who won't make it harder. We are here for you, you are not alone.
Have a long heart to heart with him alone. Don't rush into anything with out that.

Love to all
Debbieducati
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Return to Disability Insurance Issues