Time to apply, again. Couple questions. . .

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Time to apply, again. Couple questions. . .

Postby marymac » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi Ho my friends/family, and all the newbies since I was active last:
So glad to see so many moving right along: I do pray for all of us everyday and always have, so please know that my written absence is not indicative of my feelings. I found I didn't like being a "winer"/"whiner" and that is what it was starting to feel like. Things have not gotten better but I have gotten better at handling them. I did write all the letters, from Obama right down to my local congressman, explained in DETAIL how and why Obamacare won't work for me, and still have no insurance. Did complete (just) working up to 20 credits again, as the first 45 years of my life didn't count. I know it won't be much, if anything, but my hands are my biggest daily pain, and Mr. Happy might stop the yelling. Just the raised voice sets my SM off: anybody else react with recoil to yelling?

I don't know how many of you remember my Social Security woes, but the head of the local office has an obvious grudge against me: counted 15 typo's in her 2 paragraph letter when she replied to one Senator: didn't even spell my name correctly. Her anger truly showed in the written words. Have tried to get an attorney, but they all say to wait until I'm denied, again. So, as soon as my puny 1099 comes in and I pay the taxes, the credits will count, and I'll be allowed to file again. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thinking on line is the best way for as long as possible: right?
Is it true no attorney will help until denial?
Thanks for taking the time; I'm always so grateful for everyone's suggestions.
Have the most comfortable day you can, and the most fun faster!
Love, hugs, sunshine & fake smiles
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Re: Time to apply, again. Couple questions. . .

Postby gunflint » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm

I wish I could be more help. I remember some of the issues you had. I would think you would be able to find an attorney for just about anything if your willing to pay. I'm guessing that the attorneys that you've been talking to are the percentage of winnings type. Is there any type of county advocate for services available? Maybe someone like that could help. If at all possible it would be best if you could do this without an attorney. They way that I see it is that you earned SSDI when they took it out of your checks so if you can collect SSDI without giving an attorney a cut you would be better off. Good luck.
gunflint

Return to Disability Insurance Issues