SSDI Approved

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

SSDI Approved

Postby gunflint » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Overall it wasn't a difficult process from beginning to end. They approved my disability starting from the day I was layed off of work, then added 5 months. Thanks to everyone here for the assistance.
gunflint

Re: SSDI Approved

Postby pmaxwell » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Hopefully that will take some of the stress off.
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby razzle » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:48 am

congrats Gun flint
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby marymac » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 am

Happy for you Gunflint. Hope I'll be able to say the same in a few months.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby gunflint » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm pulling for you marymac. This whole process from pain and function loss to a life changing diagnosis to financial worries is hard enough. A confirmed diagnosis of SM should be all they require to approve anyone for SSDI. The problem is that there are millions of people trying to get on SSDI because they don't feel like working. This clogs up the whole system and causes delays for those that are truly deserving. The sad thing is this will only get worse and then they will run out of money. But that's for another topic.
gunflint

Postby marymac » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 am

Hi Ho Friends and Gunflint especially

Had the SS interview via phone Tuesday, followed by lots of paperwork. I may be "brain fogged" but seems to me they ask the same questions 3 different ways. . . is it me? Don't like to be redundant, but jeesh, I can't do what I can't do, no matter how many times they ask me. Told me I am applying for disability, as nothing else works with their requirements. I have told them Obamacare does not work for me: aren't you in the same position? They insurance companies are happy to take me and my money with the "pre-existing" condition, but will not cover the pre-existing conditon or anything related thereto. So what does NOT start or stop in the spine??? Am I missing something? Just feel like I'm repeating myself on almost every form/question. Then, the kicker: a 3rd party? Are you kidding? My "friends" quit calling after the first 2 years of being diagnosed. There is NO ONE besides relatives and doctors that has seen the descend into SM. . . I don't tell my neighbors things like that, have no idea what to tell them but the truth: I have no friends to vouch for me. My social life is non-existent. Should I list this board as a friend, because that's basically as close as it comes. Don't take that wrong: I cherish the friends I do have here, and am so grateful for you, but it's not like we have tea once a month now is it? Doctor wrote a letter for me, thank heavens, that stated "extensive SM and will get worse, needing an electric wheelchair soon", as my hands are going, going, gone. Any advice, dear friends?
Hope you all are as comfortable as you can be; Any advice would be appreciated.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Return to Disability Insurance Issues