Some Quick Help Please

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Some Quick Help Please

Postby gunflint » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 pm

I just received a letter from SSDI that says they are evaluating eligibility. It is a Function Report Adult Form. Is there any do's and dont's I should be aware of? I have 10 days to fill it out and return it. Thanks
gunflint

Re: Some Quick Help Please

Postby pmaxwell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:46 am

Pretty sure it is standard procedure. They just want to verify there have not been any changes for improvement. Not anything to stress over.

best wishes,

Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby razzle » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:43 am

http://www.ultimatedisabilityguide.com/ ... _3373.html

some people get it some dont , maybe this will tell more . R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby gunflint » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:43 am

razzle,
Once again, you're a life saver. Thanks
gunflint

Postby texassyrinx2 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I received that form shortly after applying in 2008. I filled it out honestly, but the information I filled in I had my husband read before sending the form in and he pointed out that I was saying I did way more than I really could do without assistance. I think many of us don't want to think of ourselves as handicapped but I know I needed to face up to the fact that there is a lot I cannot do anymore.

On the form I said I water my garden. But I CAN DO THIS only because my husband goes out and sets up may chair and hooks up the hose and then hands it to me. I actually sit in the chair and point the hose. On the form I had said I work in the garden and water as needed. You can see where that may have seemed to be the truth to me but in actuallity it was a big overstatement of what I can really do. So I suggest you fill it out and then have someone who knows you read it and look at it from a different angle.

I was approved for SSDI within 6 weeks of applying and waited the 6 months waiting perriod before being able to collect my first check. I was one of the lucky ones. It does happen. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Regards,
Mary
texassyrinx2

Postby gunflint » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:18 am

I wish I would have known about these forms. If I knew how to post copies on here I would just to let future applicants get ready for them. You only get 10 days to respond. Only the government would come up with questions like, "Explain how Syringomyellia has affected your ability to work." And give you only 6 lines to do it. Or "Explain what you do from the time you get up until the time you go to bed." And give you 3 lines. Six lines typed would be ok but not hand written.

Six week approval is great. I applied in person on August 11 and this is the first I've heard from them. Although with the way things are I'm guessing that they are very busy now.
gunflint

Postby texassyrinx2 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Good Luck. I had to add pages at the end of the document and just listed the question number and said continuation of answer. I hope things go well for you. Keep us posted.

M
texassyrinx2

Return to Disability Insurance Issues