making a decision ON THE RECORD letter

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

making a decision ON THE RECORD letter

Postby marja » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

My 3rd hearing has been scheduled. In the first 2 hearings, the judges made careless mistakes. I do not remember what my letters stated in prior hearing confirmation letters from the judge. But this time, it reads "As soon as you submit all medical records from one year prior to alleged onset date to the present, we will review your case to determine if we can make a fully favorable decision without holding a hearing. If we cannot make a decision on the record, we will schedule your case for a hearing. Therefore, it is yo your advantage to submit your evidences as soon as possible."

I received the letter for hearing date a day before I received this letter. So, I am not sure if the judge meant the scheduled hearing would be cancelled if I submitted enough evidence???

I do not think prior letters regarding hearing gave me option not to have hearing if I submitted enough medical evidence. However, I have already attended two hearings so maybe they just want to give me the option of not having to attend another hearing. Or maybe the judge gives this option to all applicants who have already been through two hearings?

My question is do you think the letter means good news (like the judge might be thinking of making a favorable decision) or just a generic form letter?
marja

Re: making a decision ON THE RECORD letter

Postby marja » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:48 pm

I guess my letter was not so special. I received other letters with same date confirming a hearing date and requested me to see social security doctors. Does anyone know if you are required to see social security doctors? Can't you just see your own doctors? I am tired of seeing biased social security doctors.
marja

Re: making a decision ON THE RECORD letter

Postby razzle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 am

I guess if they want you to see a dr it will be theirs . I didnt see a dr. R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to Disability Insurance Issues