Willing to help in this section, OT by day

Questions and information about accessibility, equipment and related issues.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Willing to help in this section, OT by day

Postby C7SM45 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi,
Thought I would offer help with adaptive equipment needs if you have problems performing any functional activity.
I am a Registered Occupational Therapist and have been practicing over 20 years. Also a SM patient so understand about the problems associated with CM/SM.
Cheryl
C7SM45

Re: Willing to help in this section, OT by day

Postby trendz » Wed May 28, 2008 9:00 pm

I was diagnosed with SM 7 months ago and had surgery 6 months ago. My NS told me it was the only way to go. I don't have any relief tho after surgery and have no feeling in my left leg. I need advice for myself and my PT. I have been in PT for 6 months now. Paying out of pocket now too. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do and what not to do. My PT is very hands on. One patient at a time. He is great but we are both in the dark about what SM patients need. Any help would be really great. Thanks
Alana - Greensburg PA :)
Tranquility to All
Alana-PA
Luv Mufin to my hubby, Mommy to my angel Kaden, Daughter to the most incrediable family, and Boss to my amazing group of employees who are keeping my bus.running during my storm

SMT6-8
Dx-10/07 Surg-12/07
trendz

Re: Willing to help in this section, OT by day

Postby jmcdan4600 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:30 pm

I am suppose to go to PT for traction. I am not sure what else that can be done as far as PT goes. I can't imagine doing much nore other than soaking in hot tub, etc, Let me know how things go for ya.
CM, SM 8MM, Mononeurpothy @ rgt hip to foot, 4 back surgeries at lumbar level, cervical herniations @ 3 levels,disk bulge @ L6 (extra disk), diplopia, decompression surgery May 2008.
jmcdan4600

Return to Equipment/Accessibility