maternity/body pillow

Questions and information about accessibility, equipment and related issues.

Moderator: pmaxwell

maternity/body pillow

Postby hegnauea » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi

Janice asked me to repost this suggestion here ages ago - I'm just remembering...

I have really liked my snoogle body pillow - they sell it in babysrus as a maternity pillow but certainly is great for anytime and helps keep you aligned if you lay on your side. Plus it has a fun name :)

http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/snoogle.html

Ab
hegnauea

Re: maternity/body pillow

Postby karenb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Ab,

I flip from side to side when I sleep. How easy/difficult is it to roll over with the pillow (and bring the pillow with you)?

Karen
karenb

Postby hegnauea » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey!

you could leave the pillow where it was and just have it wrapping behind you or in front of you. I'm not sure how that would work for you, but that's what I did. It would be hard to move the pillow in the middle of the night.

Hope you can find something that makes sleeping more comfy!!!
Ab
hegnauea

Postby karenb » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Ab,

I can picture it now... my pillow all wound up around me... just like a puppy wrapped up in its own leash!!! Maybe two pillows (one for each side) would be a better option? Thoughts?

Karen
karenb

Postby hegnauea » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 am

Hey karen!
Its hard to say I guess. Honestly, I haven't been using it since I had my daughter, since my husband despised that pillow, it was like there was another person between us and took up a ton of room. But when I was pregant, it actually helped me stay in one position all night - it helped me sleep better! Late in the pregnancy, I was tossing and turning of course, and super uncomfortable, so it was less helpful. I actually moved into our guest bedroom the last month because I had that pillow and other pillows and was huge and getting up 18 times etc.etc.etc.

So I guess it could help with the moving around, but if it doesn't then it may not be worth it? I feel like I'm not being very helpful - sorry!!!
Ab
hegnauea

Return to Equipment/Accessibility