Noah's Journey is In the Paper

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Noah's Journey is In the Paper

Postby kimholt25 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to the group and thought I would share this with you guys. We are currently signed up as "Team Noah" for the Albemarle Walk & Roll. We are getting very close to our goal of raising $1000.00. I had a connection with an editor of the local paper and All About Womens Magazine. She did an awesome writeup on my sons journey and mentioned the Walk. We will be in the All About Womens Magazine in the next couple months. My son was diagnosed in August 2010 with Chiari Malformation type 1 herniation of 18mms. Noah became sick at 15 months old and he had an MRI to rule out siezures. The MRI & EEG was read as normal and that began our long journey to a diganosis. Almost a year later & 9 neurologists later, 4 EEGs, CT scans to rule out neuroblastoma (cancer), endoscopy, barium swallow, genetic testing, and more labs than I even want to count we did a repeat MRI and found that the first MRI was misread. Our goal is to spread awareness and raise money so that this doesnt happen to another child. Please take the time to read my sons article and pass it along to your friends and family.

http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/Communi ... -id-005897

This is a link to youtube. You can watch as my son fights to Conquer Chiari

http://www.youtube.com/user/Noahsmammy# ... N2DsOszpgk
Its a bit long but well worth the time. I look forward to meeting you all! I have also found a great group on Facebook "Our Kids with Chiari" if you guys are not a member you should join. Wonderful group of Chiari moms & dads that have quickly become family.
kimholt25

Re: Noah's Journey is In the Paper

Postby pmaxwell » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am

You have a beautiful son. Thank you for everything you are doing to raise awareness!
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Return to Pediatrics