Upcoming surgery for 3.5 y.o. daughter; can we talk?

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Upcoming surgery for 3.5 y.o. daughter; can we talk?

Postby apdaily » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm looking to talk (on the phone) to the parents of a child who has had skull decompression with craniectomy and duraplasty.
My daughter is 3.5 years old and will have surgery next week. She has chiari (17 mm) and SM. Additionally she has early onset occipital epilepsy and generalized childhood absense epilepsy.
Would like just to talk about what to expect after surgery.
apdaily

Re: Upcoming surgery for 3.5 y.o. daughter; can we talk?

Postby Lipper5 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:55 pm

My son had surgery for decompression at age 2 and then spinal cord shunt this past Feb just shy of his 4th bday. You can call me I can send you a message to your email at home with my number if you want. But everyone is different . He didnt like the first day but continued to get better every day. He did GREAT. When they are small like that they bounce back so much faster. We know of a boy in high school that had the surgery and he was out for 6 weeks from school and still isnt completely "normal". Let me know and if not GOOD LUCK! Prayers are with you and your family!

Krista
Lipper5

Re: Upcoming surgery for 3.5 y.o. daughter; can we talk?

Postby Lipper5 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:38 pm

I just received your message : ( and I am so sorry. I sent you a private message.I have not been on for some time and I really feel bad that I never got to chat with you. Please check your private mail. Thank

Krista
Lipper5

Return to Pediatrics