Baclofen is not my friend!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby svennobalance » Thu May 17, 2007 8:54 am

I hated Baclofen - and my fired first nsg would not prescribe anything else - it slowed me down big time - I felt like I was wading through water. I also had bad headaches at the time but didn't connect to Baclofen - I switched to Zanaflexz, which, while not perfect, keeps me atmy desk and in bed and asleep at night. (Part-Irish descent too)

Gabriel
svennobalance

Postby Jerry80871852 » Thu May 17, 2007 10:57 pm

I've got Indian blood in me, my grandmother was full blood Cherokee.

The man who raised me was Irish though, so that must be the reason Baclofen treated me so bad.
May the Lord Bless,
Jerry

Joshua 24:15 "...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Jerry80871852

Postby Jerry80871852 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:16 pm

2 Jerry Cherokees, not bad! :D

Maybe we need to have Pow-Wow.
May the Lord Bless,
Jerry

Joshua 24:15 "...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Jerry80871852

Postby keggler » Sat May 19, 2007 5:07 pm

Hello Jerry---We have our yearly family reunion in Cherokee comming up June 16. We have a good time with family from all over.My grandmother was raised their,and my mother was born in Bryson City NC.

Its nice to see family at a time when its not over a death or grief.Any time you can see your family, do it.

Behave and how's the family?

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
"You are what you eat----and-----You are what you think"

"Be Good To Yourself"
CM1-S/M-Basilar Invagination
keggler

Postby Jerry80871852 » Sat May 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Jerry, My Cherokee family, I'm quite removed from them, I did not get to grow up with them, but I got to meet all of them that were still living back in the early 90's. It was quite enjoyable, we all had a very good time.

I was born up north of Brinkley, Arkansas, but my mother's side of the family were from south of Brinkley.

I actually met one of my 1st cousins back in the mid 70's without knowing it. She worked in a cafe that I stopped in several times when I was driving a truck, but we did not know each other.

In the early 90's the wife and I went to her house. We were all setting around the kitchen table talking, my wife and me, her and her husband and another 1st cousin and her husband, I keep glancing at here, I noticed she was doing me the same way. I finally said to her, I've seen you some where before, but have no idea where it was, I even remember your voice.

She them replied, "I've been setting here thinking the same thing about you, but I have no idea at all where I've seen you, but I know I have and that we have talked."

Them I happened to think, "There's used to be a cafe down the road about 5 to 10 miles, could it have been there?"

Her eyes opened wide, "Yes that is where it was, I used to work down there, you hauled cement didn't you?"

I got to visit her 2 or 3 more times before she died.

We sure enough had much to talked about them.

Small world at times to be so big at other times.
May the Lord Bless,
Jerry

Jerry80871852

Postby petsmom » Wed May 23, 2007 10:07 pm

Well, hello to all the NA brothers and sisters here. I also claim Cherokee, Irish and German blood.

Back to the topic of Baclofen. I had posted awhile back about my issues with Baclofen. I also can not use Aspartame or other fake sugars. I was just lucky I stuck with the low starting dosage. At first I thought my cervical stenosis was acting up bad. Then the night I looked in the mirror to see why I felt so weird and saw my tongue 2x normal size and swelling from ear to ear in throat I knew this was not right!! The swallowing problems were also probably related to Baclofen.

I weaned off in a few days from the low dose. Now it is listed on pharmacy records as a NO NO.

I'll stick with the Zanaflex, not perfect but no obvious side effects. I am going to ask to increase my dosage a bit for the summer heat as I get really spazzed out bad.

Dawn
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Postby petsmom » Wed May 23, 2007 10:09 pm

Well, hello to all the NA brothers and sisters here. I also claim Cherokee, Irish and German blood.

Back to the topic of Baclofen. I had posted awhile back about my issues with Baclofen. I also can not use Aspartame or other fake sugars. I was just lucky I stuck with the low starting dosage. At first I thought my cervical stenosis was acting up bad. Then the night I looked in the mirror to see why I felt so weird and saw my tongue 2x normal size and swelling from ear to ear in throat I knew this was not right!! The swallowing problems were also probably related to Baclofen.

I weaned off in a few days from the low dose. Now it is listed on pharmacy records as a NO NO.

I'll stick with the Zanaflex, not perfect but no obvious side effects. I am going to ask to increase my dosage a bit for the summer heat as I get really spazzed out bad.

Dawn
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders