Chronic Fatigue

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Chronic Fatigue

Postby LFRM » Sat May 26, 2007 11:59 am

Hi! this is Laura from Mexico again, I have not been in touch as I have a lot of work. I just wanted to know if any of you know something about this chronic fatigue that I always feel. For me right know is the worst symtom as I have controled pain and numbness in legs with Neurontin.

I have learned to live with other symtoms like arm numbeness, tinitus, headches, which are not so well controled with Neurontin and they appear rarely. But being tired all day long is horrible as I have a lot of work.

I am a education consultant and all of the sudden I have a lot of work so this is great because I decided I am going to TCI and perhaps I wont need my sister's support!!! So getting a lot of contracts is great, but I cry all day because I am so tired to work on them eventhough I love to work and I love what I do.

So I was wondering do you have some advice of what should I take or how can I fight this chronic fatigue?

I was thinking that perhaps is the medicine as I am taking Neurontin and Dostinex (this is for a microadenoma at the pituitary gland). But I doubt it, because at the begining when I started with Neurontin I felt great, it controled all my symptoms, but then after three months of taking it I started to feel this chronic fatigue and I look like if Neurontin power has disminished. This happens with Lyrica too, so this is why I changed.

Some times this awful tiredness is related to low blood pressure which I can have as 90/55. One day the doctor sent me drops, and I feel better but then a horrible headache came and it was worst as Relpax did not worked and I have to take Zomig. Right know I feel awful and my blood presure is 112/70.

So please tell me something that perhaps you know it works.

Thank you very much

Laura
SM T2 - T7, microadenoma at the pituitary gland 4mm and possible others that I do not know yet...
LFRM

Neurontin

Postby razzle51 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:46 pm

Its The Neurontin as Lyrica and Neurontin are similar . They are said to be Brother and sister . You might have to find something else .Lyrica (pregabalin) drug information, dosage, side effects, drug interactions, and warnings. Lyrica, generic drug name pregabalin, is a medicine used to help relieve nerve pain or seizures. Lyrica is also showing promise as a drug treatment option for the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Lyrica (pregabalin) is chemically similar to the drug Neurontin (gabapentin).

http://pharma-help.com/neurontin/neurontin-side-effects
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Chronic Fatigue

Postby LFRM » Sat May 26, 2007 2:04 pm

Thank you very much!! I will try something else. Any suggestions to my doctor, at least until I go to TCI? Remember that they are no quite related with SM.

Again thank you Razzle!!!

Laura
SM T2-T7
LFRM

Postby specialmomx2 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:35 pm

I dont' know if you have ever had your vitamin B12 or folic acid levels checked, but a deficiency in either of these will make you very tired.

I don't have much else to offer by way of natural remedies.

-Paula
specialmomx2

Postby crazy1 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:28 am

Hi Laura

Have you heard of DMG that's di-methyl-glycine? I've been reading about how it helps chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, auto immune etc, and is supposed to have remarkable effect for autism. They use it for allsorts, and give it to race horses and greyhounds, and they then have about 27% more energy for a race and recover quicker. Russians used it on their athletes to win a lot of events in the 1968 olympics. In animal tests it has been used to prevent paralysis if used soon after a spinal injury.

It says you have to make sure it is pure DMG as some brands sell it with filler to bulk it up. You can get it from equine supplies in pure powder form to use on horses.
crazy1

Chronic fatigue

Postby LFRM » Sun May 27, 2007 11:49 am

Thank you all for your coments. I will look all these posibilities. I hate to be tired all the time.

Laura
SM T2- T7
LFRM

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders