Anyone feel like they've been beaten every morning

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Anyone feel like they've been beaten every morning

Postby Mistydawnt77 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:43 pm

I have a sm and have the normal cape type pain but also in the morning I feel like someone has beaten my whole back and it seems worse if I stay in bed longer . Not quite sure what to do and I'm fighting for pain control for eight years. I have recently moved back to Tennessee which is probably the worst place in the United States to try to have pain management due to all the drug overdoses. I already take tramadol and gabapentin but I'm afraid to try to see a pain management due to the fact that my primary care Doctor Who prescribes my tramadol will not see anyone in a pain clinic . He has referred me to physical therapy which I have no problem with but I really need something to help in the meantime until it starts working if it does. I don't really have much faith in anything working however I'm trying to hold down the full-time job and it's getting very hard. I don't want to go on disability because money obviously, but I do have temporary and long-term disability at work. I have no idea what to do anymore.
SM, BP2.
Mistydawnt77

Re: Anyone feel like they've been beaten every morning

Postby jfreema » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 pm

I can relate to feeling beaten up. It isn't a pain drug but Baclofen helps some of my pain. I take it plus an aspirin and a Tylenol and surprisingly it takes enough of the edge off after about an hour for me to start to feel better. I hope you find some help!

Jennifer
Jennifer
Pre-Op: SM C2-T4 (2mm C2 to C5, 6 mm C5 to T1, 2 mm T1 to T2, 7 mm T2 to T4), CM 8 mm
PFD surgery May 2010
Post-Op: Syrinx has completely disappeared - no evidence at all!
Surgeon: Dr. John Heiss at the NIH
jfreema

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders