Flareup of burning pain

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Flareup of burning pain

Postby rsinha » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:48 pm

I have got burning pain in my arm for the past 18 years due to Chiari-1 and Syringomyelia. I had two surgeries for it. or past 10 years or so Gabapentine, Amyriptiline, Roboxin which keeps the burning pain in control. But for the last year or so, every time I read a book, watch TV or look at the computer, my pain arm pain becomes aggravated and only comes down when I stop reading a book, watching TV or looking at the computer. Has anyone on this forum faced similar issues?

Thanks
Rachna (Decompressed in 1997, Cranioplasty in 2002)
rsinha

Re: Flareup of burning pain

Postby syrinx48 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 pm

So sorry to read you are having a hard time after so many years and 2 surgeries. Also very sorry that no one is responding anymore. Have you been seeing a neuro surgeon or neurologist lately. I think the best thing you can get now is a MRI to rule out complications or that your syrinx has grown since last time.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Re: Flareup of burning pain

Postby jfreema » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 pm

I had arm problems for years. Baclofen helped. I didn't realize it but the muscles from my neck to my upper arm were spasmed, evidently squeezing the nerves which then became irritated, causing a lot of pain. I have a burning over my skin still but the deeper pain is gone.

Jennifer
Jennifer
Pre-Op: SM C2-T4 (2mm C2 to C5, 6 mm C5 to T1, 2 mm T1 to T2, 7 mm T2 to T4), CM 8 mm
PFD surgery May 2010
Post-Op: Syrinx has completely disappeared - no evidence at all!
Surgeon: Dr. John Heiss at the NIH
jfreema

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders