right side pain moving to left

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

right side pain moving to left

Postby taichi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:34 pm

To those who have this pain moving to left side, does it get any less painful on the right? My chest pain on the left side got really tight and I spent the day and night in the hospital having all the cardiac work up unnecessary if my mind worked more clearly I could have avoided all that ordeal I feel the knots in my left side muscles so I am sure that's what happening. Thanks for any info. All my work up on my heart was normal.
taichi

Re: right side pain moving to left

Postby syrinx48 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 am

I have my pain most of the time on the left side and radiates to the front of my thorax. It sometimes is also on the right side or both sides. I can't tell that it is going to subside when laying on my right side. I can relate however the feeling that it looks like it is coming from the heart. As I have been a cardiac nurse in the past, I know that this is not coming from the heart, but it certainly feels like it!

I hope you are feeling better by now! Where is your syrinx located? Mine is from C4 - all down to the conus. At its widest from C4 to Th8.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby taichi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Mine is the entire length of spine. Thank you for replying
taichi

Postby princesk8 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:50 am

Mojority of my pain is on left, on really bad days it spreads to my right but is still worse on left.
Chiari 1 7 mm & Syrinx C5-T10. Scoliosis(22 degree L & 20 degree T curve). 2.4 cm Arachnoid Cyst at lower left occipital lobe. Bulging Disk C5-C6, C6-C7 & L5-S1. Early facet arthrosis L2-L4. Mild inferior foraminal narrowing L4-S1
princesk8

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders