Warning TMI: Dizziness During...

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Warning TMI: Dizziness During...

Postby NuChiarian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Bowel movement.

I've been diagnosed with IBS-C and I'm having a flare up right now. Twice now when I go to use the washroom during a bowel movement I'll get dizzy. It stops right away after I'm done.

I don't think I'm straining particularly hard, just pushing like I normally do, but I get dizzy anyway. I told my NS that I have IBS and he said that the straining shouldn't be a problem. I had a successful surgery 3 and a half years ago with no major draw backs since.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Spinal Decompression and cervical fusion with duralplasty of own tissue/May 2010 for ACM and SM

dx w/ Spina Bifida Myelomeningocele and Hydrocephalus at birth.
NuChiarian

Re: Warning TMI: Dizziness During...

Postby syrinx48 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:41 am

Have you been to your gastroenterologist and asked him about it? Perhaps something has to be checked in that field. It doesn't always have to be the CM, it could also be something totally else going on!

Annemarie
syrinx48

Re: Warning TMI: Dizziness During...

Postby pseudotumor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:36 am

I get dizzy when I strain even a little whether it's doing that or attempting to exercise or even doing something mundane like putting away pots and pans. It may take less than you think for your body to feel strained. Maybe try comparing it to other activities on a daily basis and if you do think you might be straining too hard try a stool softener?
pseudotumor

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders