Been awhile..

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Been awhile..

Postby smj775 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:08 am

Hey everyone! :) it's been forever since I've been here. Sorry for that. My computer has been down for awhile. I've been using my ipad. For those who don't know me or remember me from here. My name is Shawn. I'm 36, from East Tx. I was born w/ Hydrocephalus and then in my 20's was diagnosed w/ Chiari 1 Malformation and Syringomyelia.

Since abt late August, I've been having headaches. They're different from the ones I would get from a shunt malfunction. If I move my headache certain way, this sudden pain comes from the back of my head a squeezes and then releases. And I have a dull pain most of the time. I got a referral from my PCP to see a neurologist, Dr. Boyne in Tyler, TX. He prescribed Fioricet and ordered an MRI and shuntogram. Then referred me to a neurosurgeon, Dr. Toczyl?, who I have an appt w/ on the 17th, but we're trying to get an earlier appt. I'm hoping to get more info abt the Syringomyelia, b/c we never followed up on it when I was diagnosed and I'm wondering if the pain is from there.

I'm also on the ASAP Facebook group.
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go; Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. We are never ever the same."
smj775

Re: Been awhile..

Postby syrinx48 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:14 pm

I am sorry to read that you are so much in pain lately. I can't help you, for I am not a doctor, but I can lent you my ear and listen to you, while you can vent......

I hope your visit to the NS will be worthwhile and that he is able to give you more answers on what is going on.

Hugs,
Annemarie
syrinx48

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders