Off Duragesic Patches on Avinza ( GREAT!!)

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Off Duragesic Patches on Avinza ( GREAT!!)

Postby passmass » Sat May 11, 2013 10:48 pm

I have been on Duragesic Patches for 8 years. Started with trying different strengths till found what worked. Problem is Muggy Mississippi Summers, Sweating from Pain, and Showers.
Went from every 72 hours to every 48 hours. The first day was always great then the second day was rough. I was on a rollercoaster .
(Now the patches allowed me relief and worked for a long time for which I am very Thankful)
Last month I started taking AVINZA 30MG (time release morphine). I was level and not on the rollercoaster but still hurt. I went back to my GP and he bumped me to AVINZA 60mg. The only side affect I have noticed is my appetite has increased. ( May just be coincidence)
So far this has been a good change for me and wanted to share.
I still take a lot of other meds also. Savella, alprazolam, tizanidine, gabapentin, cyclobenzaprine, hydrocodone (for breakthrough pain), and others.
My Neurologist is on board with this change.

I have not posted in a while so this is what all I have: Syringomyelia C5-T3(diag 2004), Chiari O, Elhers-Danlos, Degenerative Disc Disease, Fibromyelia, Chronic Pain Syndrone, Detethered (2007)
I have been to Mayo, UAB Birmingham, AL, The Chiari Institute, and multiple other Neurosurgeons and Pain Management Drs.
I was detethered at TCI in 2007, was very successful, I a lot of symptoms.
Thanks for reading this rambling post
Passmass
EDS, SM C5-T2, CM, DDD, De-Tethered (Jan. 07), Fibromyalgia, Central Sleep Apnea, Central Pain Syndrone
passmass

Re: Off Duragesic Patches on Avinza ( GREAT!!)

Postby birdlover3 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 am

I'm so happy that you finally have found some relief and pray it keeps helping you.
birdlover3

Re: Off Duragesic Patches on Avinza ( GREAT!!)

Postby passmass » Sun May 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks so much. I just thought this might be an option for someone else to talk to their Doctor!
Passmass
EDS, SM C5-T2, CM, DDD, De-Tethered (Jan. 07), Fibromyalgia, Central Sleep Apnea, Central Pain Syndrone
passmass

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders