What's up with the ASAP forum? Where is everybody?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Re: What's up with the ASAP forum? Where is everybody?

Postby Cyborg Ninja » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm sorry I've been gone so long. So many things have been happening in my life - for the better. But I do like coming here.
DX: SM (idiopathic), Crohn's disease, Graves' disease, gallstones, scoliosis, anemia
Meds: tramadol, Asacol, Cymbalta, Synthroid, fish oil supplement, multivitamin
Cyborg Ninja

Postby gunflint » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:42 am

The activity on the other forums I frequent is way down also. Everything has changed now that we know that every keystroke is recorded for future evidence.
gunflint

Postby Lisa85 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:24 am

Hi all,
It's been a really long time since I've been on as well. My computer is really messed up. Hit or miss whether or not I can do anything when I can get on line at all. Living on ss makes it impossible to get it fixed/replaced. Not like I can just pick up a few extra shifts to get the money for things like this anymore. Just one more thing this damn disease has taken away! So tired of being tired and in pain all the time. Have lost most of my friends. They just drifted away. Guess I'm not fun anymore. I too am tired of people assuming that because you look good, you must be getting better. If they saw me without makeup, they would change their tune! But I don't want pity....I just want to be treated like I have some value. I've really missed all of you. You saved me from myself when I joined, and then I drifted away just like my so called friends did to me! I'll try to do better. Till next time (which will hopefully be soon),
Gentle hugs and prayers
Lisa
SM C4-C7, 1.4mm anterior-posterior and 2mm lateral. Mild bulging of disks at C5-C6 effacing anterior CSF space. T1-T4 54mm, hydromyelia thoracolumbar junction extending over 47mm. L3-L4, L4-L5 and L5-S1. Tethered cord, Hypothyroidism.
Lisa85

Postby Debbieducati » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:34 pm

I have been unable to post anything for awhile. What's up.
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Postby Debbieducati » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Hay it worked. Not sure what I did different. But I am still here. Look for my new message. New symptoms. Questions.

Love to all
Debbieducati
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Postby reedy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 am

Maybe the thread entitled 'New Post' can be merged with this one, as it is basically the same topic. Mods?
reedy

Postby marymac » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

HAPPY and THANKFUL to still be here NOVEMBER!!! Come back everybody. . .
Smiles & sunshine
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby JoG » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:47 am

Hi everyone. I don't post very often, but do read the forums when I turn on my laptop.
I was wondering what was going on, so glad to see people are still around.
I am probably the oldest one on this site. I have Post-Traumatic Syringomyelia.
My entire spine is a real mess. Had two lumbar surgeries in the beginning, and wasn't diagnosed with SM until December 1997. (No MRI's around, after I had accident in Feb 1970) Have syrinxs at T-1, T-2, T-5 to T-10. C-spine is a mess also.

I am a 'neurological nightmare', Trigeminal Neuralgia, Peripheral Neuropathy, Migraines. My main problem is pain. My left side is numb, have gotten used to that.
And use a manual wheelchair, a Jazzy and use a lift to go up and down stairs in our house.

I am sorry, didn't intend to write a novel. Since I said I was probably the oldest one here, I guess I have to reveal my age. LOL I will be 78 in January.

Glad to see people are posting again.

Jo
JoG

Postby Debbieducati » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:16 pm

I agree, just because we feel like " " doesn't mean we have to look bad. There is another great site that talks about invisible disability's. I have received a lot of support from this group and I will never leave it.

Love to all
Debbieducati
Love to all
Debbieducati
PTSM C5, C6
Debbieducati

Postby reedy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 pm

HI JoG,
Welcome! It sounds like it isn't easy for you, but you are hanging in there. Thanks for telling us your age. This is very useful to know as I really have had no idea whether I'm likely to get old(er), as no one seems to have good answers on how long you keep ticking with this disability. I'm guessing from what you say that I could have some mileage left in me (I'm 52). So I'd better start living a bit more responsibly! If I've potentially got more than another quarter century to keep toodling along, I'll need to make the most of it!

cheers to you - I hope you have some relief from your pain and enjoy some parts of your life!
reedy :D
reedy

Previous

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders