Fell on Ice- Major Neck Pain???

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Fell on Ice- Major Neck Pain???

Postby drummergrl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 am

Yesterday morning I was in a parking lot walking to my car and I slipped on black ice. I fell hard, landed on my tailbone, and then fell backward onto my back. Yesterday I was pretty sore (hips, neck, low back). Last night though the neck pain got a lot worse and became so stuff I couldn't turn my neck. This morning my neck is throbbing and hurts when I swallow, cough, or breathe in too deeply.

If I was a "normal" person I would assume I just am sore from the fall. But because of the SM and decompression, etc. I want to be sure I'm not overlooking anything. I've just been icing it and talking some ibuprofen but they don't help. When (if at all) should I look into this more??
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Re: Fell on Ice- Major Neck Pain???

Postby momsangel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Very sorry to read about your fall, if you're not better by Monday perhaps you should call your doctor.. Hope you haven't done anything major to yourself, try to rest
CM1 dx July 2009
A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face
momsangel

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders