Here We Go Again Maybe

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Here We Go Again Maybe

Postby gunflint » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 am

As several members here know I had a decompression in October 2011. Dr. Heiss and I optimistically call it a success in that although the syrinx didn't shrink it also hasn't grown. The most successful part of the surgery for me was that for the first time in years I didn't have a constant headache. Over the last few weeks they seem to have come back with a vengeance. Before, my headaches were controllable with a few hundred mgs of Ibuprofen several times a day. They now seem to be a little more intense in that the ibuprofen doesn't seem to control them and I've awakened at night a few times with a pounding headache. This never happened before. Has anyone else been down this road? What was the outcome? Thanks.
gunflint

Re: Here We Go Again Maybe

Postby razzle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:03 pm

When do you see him again? Dont let this go to long , you might have something else going on..... I kinda had the same thing but I had no headaches , just body aches and temors and it took awhile to get on the right med.... Good luck and hope you get some relief ... R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders