Facial Nerve Effected

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Facial Nerve Effected

Postby Peggy Dupnick » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:05 pm

I believe my son has a facial nerve that was effected by his Chiari. He is one year post-op. He is also subject to repeated eye infections (conjunctivitis), but only on the left side. He still has a swollen area on the left side filled w/ blood. Anyone else have these issues with only one side of the face effected? I know there is probably nothing that can be done for this situation, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has issues, skin or eye, on only one side of the face in conjunction w/ Chiari?
Thanks for your input.
Peggy Dupnick

Re: Facial Nerve Effected

Postby gunflint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 am

The "only one side" thing is very common. When I started getting symptoms one of the big neurological symptoms was the pain and loss of coordination in my left arm. One of my new symptoms is that I sweat much more on my left side than my right so I guess that would qualify as a skin issue.
gunflint

Re: Facial Nerve Effected

Postby Peggy Dupnick » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks for your response. It helps a bit to know we are not the only ones. Wishing you better health.
Peggy Dupnick

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders