Thoracic pain

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Thoracic pain

Postby Astralane » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Happy Holidays and New Year to all, hoping everyone has some improvement in their health this year.
Just wondering, I have a thoracic syrinx, T5 to T8, and am having thoracic pain quite badly.
Doctors and physio attribute pain to degenerative disc disease and osteoarthritis. I think, surely the syrinx could be the cause.
Does anyone else have any opinion on this?
Thank you, Lisa.
Astralane

Re: Thoracic pain

Postby drummergrl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:19 pm

That's very near where my syrinx is as well, and I was battling a lot of pain in that area over the summer. I strongly felt it was my syrinx but 2 physical therapists, 2 neurosurgeons, 1 neurologist, etc. disagreed. I've found some relief with icing and ibuprofen, but I still struggle. I wish I had answers for you, it stinks never knowing. One thing I suggest would be maybe trying some typical treatment plans for OA and DDD to see if you find any relief. If not, you've possibly ruled that out...if it helps, you're on the right track.

Just wanted you to know you're not alone and that hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Re: Thoracic pain

Postby Astralane » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks Drummergrl, for taking the time to reply. Hoping for a good year for you in 2013. Bye for now Lisa
Astralane

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders