Tremors Question

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Tremors Question

Postby gunflint » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:01 pm

I think that I've posted before about tremors but I'm curious if anyone who has them can tell me if they progress over time or is it something that may be caused by lack of muscle use? I seem to be getting them more frequently, particularly in my hands. A good example would be if I'm reaching in the cupboard for a cup my hand will shake noticeably however if I'm getting several cups after the first few the tremors stop. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
gunflint

Re: Tremors Question

Postby rdm73 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:30 pm

I was experiencing tremors in both legs and arms. The frequency increased at a rather quick pace. The Neurologist took me off of Lyrica and they stopped.

I'm finding that some/most of any new symptoms I have turn out to be med related. I had severe night sweats and that was med (cymbalta) related. Right now, I'm hoping that swelling that I'm having in my feet and legs is med related. I also hope your tremors are. Adjusting or changing meds is a simple fix, compared to fighting a new physical problem.

I feel your pain!!

Pop
rdm73

Postby syrinx48 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 am

my tremors and spasms were flaring up too! couldn't eat soup with a spoon, it fall off.....I went to Germany and they changed some of my medication. Now I still have the spasms and the tremors, but to a certain extend that I can accept them. I have to learn to live with them, as it now has become a part of me. They certainly are much less due to medication alteration, but not gone.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby gunflint » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 am

I was thinking it might be med related however they (the tremors) seemed to increase when I got off Lyrica. Another trigger that I noticed is if I'm holding something like a cup of coffee and start to yawn. I have to put the coffee down or I'll shake it out of the cup. This stuff is crazy.
gunflint

Postby forevermine » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:53 pm

My husband has tremors real bad in both legs, but the right one is worse. We never know when they'll start they may last 30 seconds up to a minute, and they start again within a few seconds. They become so violent that you have to hold them down if he is in a sitting postion otherwise he comes out of his chair. When he has them in bed then the legs have tremors but the upper part of his body jumps like a fish out of water and you have to hold him down by lying on in (he's a big man) or he'll flip out of bed. He may not have them every day but they are happening more and more. All we hear is it is one of the many symtons of SM/CH and we just have to deal with it and that's what we do is deal, we have no choose.
forevermine

Postby gunflint » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:04 pm

forevermine Welcome!
gunflint

Postby AKShel » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:01 pm

A small dose of klonopin helps my tremors; mostly intentional tremor in my right hand.
AKShel

Postby smann » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:06 pm

I have tremors in both hands. I find that mine are made when I'm active. There not as bad if I'm doing nothing, but as soon as I start doing anything...there they go...
[img][/img] Susan
smann

Postby forevermine » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks for Welcoming me, I really have been around for over 15 years plus, I do more reading then posting for my husband. Can you tell me what Klonopin is and if you need a percription. My husbands tremors are always in his legs. We just went through a 5 day battle of his butt and back thights hurting so he couldn't sit, lye or have the grandkids hold him upstanding for more then 10 to 15 minutes, I'm sure glad that it has pasted, this disorder all of you are going through my heart goes out to you, I'm a strong person but I don't know if I could take the constant, changing pain and not knowing what will happen next. Three years ago Robert was still, driving, walking and cooking but still in pain it took one fall and the trauma of that left him using a walker and now a wheelchair, on oxgen and no feeling left in either leg and his left arm.
forevermine

Postby wendi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Hello: Klonopin is a nerve pill like xanax or ativan. I take ativan lorazipam is the generic, it is not as strong as klonopin. If is goes to pain mgt, have him ask them, if not, ask the family Dr for it. It does work well for tremors and muscle pain, sleep besides being a nerve pill.

Take care,
Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders