Headache pain behind eye

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Headache pain behind eye

Postby TabulaRasa » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 pm

My headaches have become extremely frequent in the past couple months. I'm talking a headache every day, I'm lucky if I go a full day without a headache. But lately within the past 2 weeks, I've been getting headache pain behind my right eye. It's a shooting stabbing type of pain too. Has anyone ever gotten this before?

I see my neurologist on the 20th in which I will be placing my butt in front of the door and will refuse to move until ALL my questions have been answered.
Diagnosed with CM 1mm herniation June 12th, 2012
TabulaRasa

Re: Headache pain behind eye

Postby gunflint » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 am

I know that before decompression I was taking 9 to 12 ibuprofen's a day for a couple of years for headaches.
gunflint

Postby TabulaRasa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:51 am

I'm unfortunately allergic to aspirin :(
TabulaRasa

Postby gunflint » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:46 pm

I don't know if Ibuprofen is aspirin. I can't handle aspirin either it tears up my stomach.
gunflint

Postby TabulaRasa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah it's an aspirin derivative
TabulaRasa

Postby kiminfla » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Before my pfd I had the pain behind the eyes which felt like they were being stabbed from the inside out. Fortunately, for me, this improved after surgery. The headaches I get now are the "typical" chiari headache, at the base of the neck and lower skull area. I hope you get your questions answered and they can come up with a plan that will bring you much improvement. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby rdm73 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:45 am

Hi Kim...I'm using my wife's log on, since no new members are being allowed. I have SM only, so I don't know if this will help. But...I was having dibilitating headaches daily, on both sides of my head and behind my eyes. The headache usually attacked me in my sleep. My Neurologist tried "nerve blocks" which worked beutifully. That involved injections placed into the nerves. The injections were very painful, but they sure did beat those horrible headaches. I had a series of three injections on each side of my head over a six week period, which "should not need to be repeated". Sorry, but I don't recall the medication that he used. I can find out for you, if it is something you decide to pursue. My Neurologist is terrific with a lot of experience and understanding of SM. I would only allow a Doctor that has earned my trust to try the nerve blocks. Best of luck. I feel your pain!!...Dave
rdm73

Postby TabulaRasa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Yeah there is no way I'm getting a steroid injected anywhere near my head. We've had an outbreak of meningitis in Indiana from botched steroid injections. I'll take headaches over meningitis any day.
TabulaRasa

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders