Diamox side effects

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Diamox side effects

Postby drummergrl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:55 am

I was just put on Diamox last week for suspected raised intracranial pressure, and to be honest, it's not been going very well. Granted, it's only been a week, but my face, hands, and feet don't just tingle- they feel like they are vibrating constantly. My lips will start quivering and I can't make them stop (can't force them into a normal smile or into a flat line- they get stuck in between). Even worse, my eyes will start twitching so quickly that I can't focus on a page (and I'm a law student, so that's not exactly a symptom I'll be able to tolerate for long).

Is this all happening because I just haven't adjusted to the medicine yet? My neuro told me to expect tingling, but what he described didn't sound anything like this. Because we aren't 100% sure it's raised ICP, I have ultrasounds, and EEG, and a neuro-opthamology exam next week to confirm.

So- am I better off to just keep taking the Diamox and wait it out?
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Re: Diamox side effects

Postby razzle » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:22 am

those are side effects but the thing is how long do you go like this ... I would call his office Monday and find out....
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Re: Diamox side effects

Postby drummergrl » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:29 am

Thanks. I had hoped to just wait it out, but I think you're right. I'll be in his office on Weds for the EEG so I might just wait until then, but I'll definitely ask this week.
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders