Possible New Symptom

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Possible New Symptom

Postby gunflint » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 am

I may be presenting with a new symptom or I'm just crazy. Does anyone else sweat on one side and not the other? I've noticed this summer that my left arm and the left side of my face needs to be wiped more when it's hot. It's very possible that I'm going crazy also.
gunflint

Re: Possible New Symptom

Postby razzle » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:35 am

It has not happened to me , but I have heard and read that does happen....
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby toport20 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:51 am

Yep, this is one of the symptoms that my NS asked if I had. I don't, but thought I'd let ya know!
Pre OP:
SM 3mm C3-L1
Tonsillar Herniation 5mm due to TCS
TCS Surgery TCI 6-6-08
ICT 6-7-08

Post OP: 2011-MRI
CM 8mm
SM C2-C6 9mm

PFD done in May 2012
Arachnoiditis found
toport20

Postby gunflint » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:24 pm

I wonder then which side is being affected? Most of my issues are on the left side however I'm starting to occasionally get that burning feeling in my right arm. Does the sweating issue mean my left or my right side are acting up? What a crazy disorder we have.
gunflint

Postby MsRiddle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Gunflint~
I can't promise you that you aren't going crazy. SM will do that to you. But, SM will also cause unusal sweating. I have experienced it for years. For me, it is not a constant, ongoing thing, but what happens when my Syrinx is, "active." Active is my own term for the symptoms that happen when my Syrinx is expanding. It started at 2cm in 2002. Then went to 3, 3.5, 5, and now 8. My cord is 8cm in diameter everywhere expect where the Syrinx is. It has expanded to 8.5cm to accomodate the Syrinx from C1 to T2.

SM is a Crazy disorder. I really don't agree with blaming every symptom you have on SM. But some doctors will deny that a Syrinx causes certain symptoms and when you talk to people that have it, you find out that they experience the same things.

Hang in there.
~No longer what I used to be - Not yet what I'm going to be.~
MsRiddle

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders