hartagold and her surgery today

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

hartagold and her surgery today

Postby mac » Thu May 24, 2007 5:20 pm

Barbara asked me to let you know how she is doing. As you probably remember, she went in today to have her tethered cord released at Dartmouth Hitchcock there in NH.

I'll let her tell you her story when she gets back to the board, but she wants you all to know that she is feeling really well (I just talked to her) and that the first day is great, "we'll see what tomorrow brings." I told her I'd call her tomorrow and relay how she is doing here, so will post another update tomorrow. She sounded good! She said she is not in any pain! Wonderful and a big Praise the Lord!

If you have any messages you'd like me to pass along to her when I call her tomorrow, just post them here and I'll do it! God bless

mac
mac

Postby kiminfla » Thu May 24, 2007 6:09 pm

Mac, Thanks so much for updating us. So thrilled to read she's feeling so good already -- what a blessing! Please let her know that she continues to be in prayer. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

best wishes :O)

Postby Jenintexas » Thu May 24, 2007 7:11 pm

mac tell barb that we are thinking of her and she is my inspiration. I will be going down this road in a few weeks for decompression surgery so its good to know she is being taken care of and feel great. Ask her what kind of meds they have her on so I can ask my hospital if they have some of that too :O)

wishing you well Barb,
Jenintexas
Jenintexas

Postby mac » Thu May 24, 2007 7:42 pm

I forgot to mention that she said the doctor said the surgery was successful! yes, I'm sure she's on some good meds!! :P Let us know, Jen, how you do in two weeks, Okay? Where are you going again for the surgery? (sorry if you said already!)

hugs
mac
mac

surgery

Postby Jenintexas » Thu May 24, 2007 7:58 pm

Baylor hospital In dallas
Jenintexas

Postby Snoozie » Fri May 25, 2007 12:50 am

Hey is this de'javu? :lol: It seems like I just posted to this...just kidding...Sue
Snoozie

Postby mac » Fri May 25, 2007 12:56 am

Oh you are very funny, sue!! You are! thanks for the giggle.

love, mac
mac

Postby birdlover3 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:54 am

Thanks for letting us know. That’s great about her pain. Please tell her that she’s in my thoughts & prayers. I’m looking forward to hearing how she’s doing in a few days.

Jenintexas, I’m praying for your upcoming surgery also. We’ll pray that they have the right meds for you after your surgery.
birdlover3

thanks

Postby Jenintexas » Fri May 25, 2007 7:11 am

Thanks yes that is what i will need. I am a big baby let me tell you. I couldn't even take labor pains LOL
Jenintexas

Postby mac » Fri May 25, 2007 7:46 pm

New Update...I just talked to Barb, she's definitely feelin' her surgery today with a really bad headache. Needs our prayers. I just printed out everyone's good wishes and faxed them to her tonight, I know she's going to enjoy that connection with us. She said they won't let her get up until Monday, so it will be a long weekend for her. She is very touched that everyone cares so much, and says hi.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll call and find out if there is a way everyone can send her an email. I bet there is!

mac
mac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders