decompression surgery scheduled

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

decompression surgery scheduled

Postby Jenintexas » Thu May 24, 2007 4:48 pm

I am scheduled to go in for surgery on June 12. This is needed ASAP but this is a good time for me to get all my papers for wk done etc. Keep me in your prayers.
Jenintexas

Postby kiminfla » Thu May 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Jen, Praying you will have a successful surgery and it will be a huge first step on your path of wellness. If you have any questions or concerns as the date approaches, ask away. We'll help you out all we can. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

surgery

Postby hoz74 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:31 pm

good luck hope all goes well. I hope you got my pm, this new site and me have issues :x half of the time it doesnt work for me.
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

thank you

Postby Jenintexas » Thu May 24, 2007 7:04 pm

Thanks Kim and hoz. I did get your pm's too. I am keeping a very positive attitude. At this point for me there is not another option. I can't stay on pain meds all my life. I will have no life. I have an almost 4 year old and an 11 year old. I have -10 pain tolorance so for pain meds to wk for me I would have to be all drugged up all the time. I think most of my left side is blocked or something that is where most of my pressure is and majority of my pain too.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. I will let you know if anything comes to me between now and then. I was going to try and get school supply shopping out of the way before surgery but I will not find out if my daughter gets in until 2 days after my surger. Maybe I will get my sons done and then just have my daughter to get after that. ( I know school just got out but I don't know how long I will be on house arrest after wards so I am trying to be proactive. LOL

One things for sure my husband will grow a new appreciation for all I do LOL (i hope) :D

Take care
Jen
Jenintexas

surgery

Postby hoz74 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:07 am

Good Luck Hun, Now is a good time to pull together a support system of friends and family to help around the house after the surgery, especially with the kids. My husband went on a shopping spree beforehand for tv dinners lol, but my family and friends loaded us up with home cooked meals too and they all came over to make sure the house kept clean and the kids helped a lot too. The most important thing in the next couple of weeks before your surgery is to remain calm ( I know that sounds impossible) Just listen to your doctor afterward and stay off your feet and rest and recover and let us know how you are doing.
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

thanks

Postby Jenintexas » Fri May 25, 2007 7:19 am

thanks hoz.

well my son 11 is going home with my sisters to Austin the day of my surgery. They are coming up to be there for me. So he is covered. My husband is not ready to let my 3 year old go far yet. I am fine with it LOL but she is his first so he is a bit protective. BUt I think he will get an understanding of all I do with her being there. When he has to do her hair while I am out he will understand. She has a head full of hair. Actually I came out bald and she came out with more hair then I thought was possible LOL. So she will keep him busy or she might be walking around with a lopsided pony tail until I get well. LOL My DH has a huge family in the town I am in so I am sure they will help out with Jalen and food and cleaning as well too. Now i just have to remember that its ok for them to help. That is going to be the most difficult for me I think. But I know i need to heal and doing it why the kids are out for summer would be a good time for me and all of us. Thanks for your prayers and I will most def. keep you posted. :D
Jenintexas

Postby Sandy » Fri May 25, 2007 8:06 am

Jen,

No doubt you are in my prayers. I'm glad you have a little time to get things the way you want them, that'll help.

Right here for you!

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri May 25, 2007 8:06 am

Oops...see below
Last edited by Sandy on Fri May 25, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri May 25, 2007 8:08 am

Oops...see below.
Last edited by Sandy on Fri May 25, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri May 25, 2007 8:08 am

Sorry about that you guys.

I kept getting the "debug mode" msg so I thought it wasn't posting.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders