MRI/MRA results

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

MRI/MRA results

Postby Jenintexas » Wed May 23, 2007 5:09 pm

Does anyone know how to read these? Well I should say does anyone understand them? LOL I can read them fine. I just don't know what all of this mean... called the dr and she said he was in surgery the rest of this week and wouldn't be back in until late Friday afternoon so it might be Monday before I hear from him. I don't want to wait that long. So I called the MRI place and they faxed me my results.

MRA says
1. Nonvisualization of the distal left vertabral artery, this may be due to proximal stenosis or occlusion or congenital absence or proximal termination. mra neck could be obtained.
2. nonvisualization of the left posterior communcating artery.
3. otherwise unremarkable mrangiogram of the brain.

MRI of spine:
1. Chiari 1 malformation
2. loss of the normal cervical lordosis, this may be partially positional
3. minimal degenerative disc disease of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
4. mild l3-f through 65-s1 posterior annular disc bulges without significant spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis.

Should I be worried or is this all due to the pressure from the chiari....?

Thanks,

Jenintexas :roll: :oops:
Jenintexas

Postby Ryzing » Wed May 23, 2007 5:43 pm

Hi Jen,

Thanks for sharing your results with us. The only thing I can help you with is the mild degenerative disc part....I was dx with this, too, in the lumbar spine. My NL said that's typical of someone my age (37). My ortho said the same thing, that over time, all of us will have mild degeneration. Unfortunately, not everyone gets to see it on an MRI or read it in a report like we do to know it's happening. From what they both said, it just means we're getting older & things are wearing out. I don't know if this is what rings true for you, but that's the case for me :roll: .

I hope you get some more answers soon!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby Sandy » Wed May 23, 2007 6:58 pm

Hi Jen!

Your doctor will be able to tell you all about your tests, be patient. :lol:

I, too, have DDD in the cervical area. Seems to be kind of common, huh?

My syrinx is in the thoracic area.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby specialmomx2 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:23 pm

The loss of cervical lordosis is streightening of the neck. The neck isn't nturally straight. There is a natural curve (lordosis). If the curve straightens, it is called reverse lordosis. This can lead to some problems.

My sister has reverse lordosis and it causes her quite a lot of pain. Here is a good site I found which explains it a good bit better. As you have CM (and SM?), I woudl not recommend the exercises without consulting your Dr or PT.

http://www.spinalinjuryfoundation.org/1 ... x-rays.htm

-Paula
specialmomx2

I know I know

Postby Jenintexas » Wed May 23, 2007 8:08 pm

I know Sandy. I am so inpatient. But I am going out of town for the weekend and I won't be able to relax lol.
Jenintexas

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders