Nuedexta

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Nuedexta

Postby PDoe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi all,

I haven't been on for quite a while. I had successful decompression surgery in 5/2010 and then was dx'd with BPII in 4/2011. My moods had been up and down (mostly down) prior to the Chairi dx. I had been taking antidepressants for years. I seemed to be doing better on the cocktail I'm on (lamictal and brintellix) but was still having some fits of crying and laughing for no apparent reason. I mentioned this to my psychiatrist last month and he suggested I try Nuedexta. It's prescribed for people with ALS, dementia, stroke, PBA and other neurological conditions as well as brain trauma. He felt that because of the Chiari, which I guess is brain trauma, I should give it a try. It has stopped those crying/laughing spells. In general I feel very good. I searched the board and did not find any posts on it. I was wondering if anyone else had heard of it or was using it. I was also curious to see if others with Chiari were dx'd with BP or other mood disorders.
Thanks,
Peggy
PDoe

Re: Nuedexta

Postby Mistydawnt77 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:38 pm

I am bipolar type 2 as well as having cervical sm. I know my moods affect my pain level and I'm always exhausted. It took over 4 years for my sm diagnosis because every doc thought my pain was all in my head. I briefly too namenda for cognitive issues but had to stop due to Steven Johnson's syndrome.
SM, BP2.
Mistydawnt77

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders