Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby MG18 » Sat May 28, 2016 10:27 am

Here is what MRI report says:
" There is a 4 mm long fusiform focus of increased T2 signal intensity in the anterior midline cervical cord at C6 level suspicious for small syrinx. This measure apporx 4 mm in length and 2 mm AP. This is very low signal on the T1 - weighted images. I favor cystic change over the plaque on the basis of images acquired. Impression : single small fusiform focus of fluid signal in the anterior midline cervical cord at C6 level. Suspect small syrinx."

My symptoms are :
1. Main is dizziness 24/7 for last 6 months
2. Partial numbness and tingling on left foot and hand
3. Muscle twitches/ fluttering
4. Head pressure and ear pressure and runny nose that comes and goes

I also have bulging disks from C3 - C7. Can this cause syrinx? I do not have Chiary, or any other abnormality reported by radiologist.

Syrinx that is located in C6 level can cause dizziness? The symptoms have been progressive. I had only dizziness for first 4 months. In month 5 I developed some on and off numbness of foot and hand on left side. Soon after that I have transient numbness of face and sometimes head.

Also what is the prognosis? I saw some places that some of these syrinx are congenital defects specially if they are small. I was very scared of having MS but now I feel like MS would be better than this.

Also what are the surgical options? I gather that I syrinx has to be big and causing problems. This disorder looks very less understood.

Do you know any good neuro surgeon or doctors in Atlanta, GA?

Thank you!
MG18

Return to ASAP Lounge