My daughter just diagnoised with CM 1

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

My daughter just diagnoised with CM 1

Postby passmass » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi All ! I was diagnoised with Syringomyelia in 2004 at age 36, CM 0 and Tethered Cord Syndrone in 2006. My Ninteen year old Daughter was diagnoised with CM 1 yesterday. Same Radiologist that caught my syrinx found her Chiari 4.5 mm. She is dealing with PTSD from an event that happened to her, We are still trying to determine which symptoms are caused by the Chiari. I am trying to get her an appt with my Neurologist. Depending on what she says I will make an appt with my NS in Mississippi or make an appt with TCI in NY. I want to make sure what symptoms are from the CM 1 or the PTSD before we move to fast. This makes sense now that we know.
She has symptoms that have been all over the board. Just hurts when someone you love is having to go through some of the things you have. Will keep you posted!!
Thanks Passmass
EDS, SM C5-T2, CM, DDD, De-Tethered (Jan. 07), Fibromyalgia, Central Sleep Apnea, Central Pain Syndrone
passmass

Re: My daughter just diagnoised with CM 1

Postby syrinx48 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 am

Hi Passmass,
So sorry to read that your daughter too has CM. I have heard that there are studies done in the US about hereditary CM in certain families. Perhaps someone else can tell you about it.
It is quite something to know that your daughter has to go the same things as you are and visit the same doctors. She knows for she has seen it from you......

I would suggest you though to put this thread not in the lounge section, but in the section about questions about Chiari and Syringomyelia, the first up above. There are more people reading there, instead of here, and you get more responses. I am not familiar with CM, only SM. Perhaps Patricia can help you out.

Annemarie from the Netherlands
syrinx48

Re: My daughter just diagnoised with CM 1

Postby tennesseewalker » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:37 pm

I, my twin, both of her daughters, and my son all have CM/SM. Seems we hit the genetic jackpot.
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Return to ASAP Lounge