Thankful...

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Thankful...

Postby drummergrl » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm

I know I post this same thing at this time every year...but I always mean it. Tomorrow, 11/24, marks 7 years since my decompression. I was 16, terrified, and had no one in my life who could possibly understand how difficult that decompression was- physically and mentally. But then I found this forum, and all of you welcomed me and encouraged me every step of the way. In my triumphs you rejoiced, and when I was having major medical complications I messaged with people on this board to decide whether to go to the hospital. You have been there during this journey, and I am forever thankful.
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Re: Thankful...

Postby pamela d » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:20 am

drummergrl,

I rarely post on the board anymore, but do occasionally check in to read comments. I have read some of your previous posts of of "thanks", and find them touching, and inspiring.

Your post, giving thanks, reminds me of the situation I found myself in when first diagnosed with CM. ( 12/08) I too was terrified, and somehow found the ASAP website.
I read new, and old posts for hours, and it did not take long before I knew that I had found a group/community of people that would be able to help me. So much information, much of what I had no idea where to look for , was all here, wrapped up like a gift that was being offered to me.

I too, feel blessed for finding this site, so quickly after my diagnosis. If it were not for the wonderful people on this site, my journey would have been a tough one.

Thank you for your beautiful, heartfelt words.

I hope you, and all of our ASAP friends continue to grow stronger and healthier.

I will look forward to your 2014 message of thanks!

I too am forever thankful.

Pamela
pamela d

Re: Thankful...

Postby marymac » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:55 am

I am thankful for this Board and the decent people on it.
Hugs and hopes
M
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Return to ASAP Lounge