Do I have SM?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Do I have SM?

Postby TarilynAlmighty » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Hey everyone! It has been forever since I've posted anything on here. So, here is my issue.

I just recently stopped taking Topamax. I was on it for almost 2 years and I just changed jobs, so my insurance ended. Topamax was working great. I was taking it to help with my CM symptoms and for seizures. Anyways, so within that last month that I have been off my medication, I've been having serve back pain, balance problems, stabbing pains in my heart and in various other places. My back is so stiff and seeing the chiropractor hasn't helped. Also, hot water is less sensitive on the top of my back/neck. What should I do? Are these signs of SM?
~Miss.Fire~ 20yrs old
ACM Herniation 7.2 mm & Diagnosed ACM 11/07 Epilepsy Diagnosed 12/08
TarilynAlmighty

Re: Do I have SM?

Postby gunflint » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am

I don't know your history but it sure sounds like it. You need an MRI and I suggest getting one while the getting is good. I know that I had to stop my Lyrica because of an insurance change and I had a lot of symptoms return that I'd forgotten about.
gunflint

Re: Do I have SM?

Postby TarilynAlmighty » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks for the response! I'm not sure how to go about getting an MRI. It is like pulling teeth.
~Miss.Fire~ 20yrs old
ACM Herniation 7.2 mm & Diagnosed ACM 11/07 Epilepsy Diagnosed 12/08
TarilynAlmighty

Return to ASAP Lounge