Thankful for YOU!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Thankful for YOU!

Postby drummergrl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm

In just a few days I will be 6 years post-op from my decompression surgery. For the rest of my life, Thanksgiving and Chiari will be forever intertwined- which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The week I spent in the hospital that year was full of complications, but I came through it even more grateful for the support from this community. I was a teenager when I got diagnosed and went only three months from diagnosis to surgery, and you were the ones who have held my hand throughout this journey.

So for Thanksgiving this year and EVERY year, I am thankful for you all. Thank you for those who have reached out, thank you for those who have answered my frantic PM's in times of true distress, thank you for those who answer my questions, thank you for those who are a part of this community and allow me to follow your lead in helping those who are just beginning this journey.

I'm so happy to be 6 years post-op, and I'm even happier that I found ASAP.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Re: Thankful for YOU!

Postby pmaxwell » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

That is so beautiful and I am sure many have been thankful that you are there for them as well. Have a wonder Thanksgiving!
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby kiminfla » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 am

What a beautiful post! ASAP and my ASAP friends are at the top of my gratitude list as well! I was six years post-op (pfd) in September so although I'm much older than you (43), we're at about the same place in our journey.

For all who walk this path of wellness, I am blessed to have you with me on our journey.

Have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Be blessed my friends, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby razzle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you both and all ASAP FAMILY ..... Roz
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby Janice » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Definitely a beautiful post! I'm 6 yrs dx'd w/SM. ASAP, and this community, have been a life-saver to so many of us. We have cherished memories forever linked to all of you. Thank you all for being here! We help each through our roughest times, w/gratitude & many thanks, I appreciate you all.

Have a loving Thanksgiving! Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby pamela d » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm

What a wonderful post!
Your words beautifully convey how many of us feel.
Thank you all for the love and support that you give.

Happy Thanksgiving, and God bless you all!

Pam
pamela d

Return to ASAP Lounge