Hi, new ASAP member here!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hi, new ASAP member here!

Postby bettyj » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi everyone, wish we were meeting under better circumstances that's for sure!

Background; 2000 I was DX'd with syringomyelia up at OHSU in Oregon bby Dr Neuwelt now head of OHSU, between my c-3 an c-5, I have gone about my life as if it weren't there, last MRI was done in southern CA in 2005, forgot to even ask the size, but by the grim reaction of the 2 NS's, well I just left....have not let it bother me as I have not had symptoms so to say to deal with. I also have scoliosis of the spine, an a host of other problems. 7 weeks ago my arms an hands went numb an I felt sort of out of body if you will.....just got over pneumonia 7 weeks ago too, so from what I have read I think all the coughing has brought it to surface front and center. The pain has been more than I can take anymore, face is numb teeth numb arms fingers an legs going numb at times with sever back the whole thing, pain, excruciating pain, I have been using ice n thats the only thing I have for it. There are no good NS near me, so I contacted the MD clinic study through Dr Heiss, got all my med record sent to him, an he wants a current MRI, which I can't afford so BF is going to pay for it as I am without insurance as well and make enough to pay my rent, not much for food after that, but don't feel I will be able to work much longer at this rate.....the pain is just unreal,,,,,does anyone know of a low cost MRI in the Fairfield CA area it is between Sacramento and San Francisco,,,also what the rate of progression of these dam things move at?? I am scared to death right now and don't know what to do I feel like I am loosing my mind! I applied for state insurance, but was told in this county can only get it if I have kids n I don't...dang the luck!!! any advice is welcome!!

BTW,,nice to meet everyone!!!!!

Betty :cry:
bettyj

Re: Hi, new ASAP member here!

Postby bettyj » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm

found an affordable MRI, going tomorrow, also going to the pain clinic where I get hip injections, that doc said if I ever had pain from the srynx he could treat me for the pain, going to break the bank on this but can't take it anymore!!

Got me wondering, does a srynx cause hip pain too???? It seems to cause a host of other problems was just wondering??

Thank all!

Betty :roll:
bettyj

Postby bettyj » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 am

anyone here??
bettyj

Postby razzle » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

yep we are here ... alot just read the board , some post , some dont know answers ... welcome I am sure somebody will answer . I have a syrinx but it has not caused me hip pain , but who knows with this crazy disorder...you might want to see a Ortho dr for your hip just to make sure its not something else ... ... and as far as California drs , mris etc I my self dont know . welcome again.... some of us are on the ASAP facebook page too... Roz
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby bettyj » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:41 pm

Thank you Razzel! Yes I joined the FB group too! Saw the pain clinic today, n he loaded me up on everything, just want 1 good nights of even 3 hours sleep, can't function like this otherwise,, and getting the MRI Friday I pray!!

Meanwhile Happy Halloween everyone!
bettyj

Return to ASAP Lounge