Help from medicine

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Help from medicine

Postby Judi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:06 pm

First, an apology for saying I had not been receiving my email from the group. I have been a tad fuzzy headed lately...but am okay with it. I had been doing some syrinx research about medication and have been hating all the pain meds I have been taking. Plus, I have been having some bad headaches lately. So, I asked my dr if he would prescribe Topomax for me. It has not only helped my headaches, it seems to have minimized the "painful football" that lives under my right shoulder blade and my back to front chest pain attacks have been tolerable. For this, I will be goofy and hope that the goofiness resolves itself in the near future. I now take only 1 pain pill at night, rather than what seemed like a handful each day. I have lived in dread, waiting for those horrible bouts of pain to occur...now, I know that I will not be crying, wishing that this time...it would all just be over so I wouldn't have to go through this again. It ain't perfect. This are more know it all docs out there who know nothing, but for now...this medicine brings a modicum of relief. I hope this makes some sense. And maybe this medicine will help someone else.
Judi
Judi

Re: Help from medicine

Postby passmass » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:08 am

Topamax helped me, I was taken off of it when we tried another combination of drugs. I am trying to get back on it..
Thanks Passmass
EDS, SM C5-T2, CM, DDD, De-Tethered (Jan. 07), Fibromyalgia, Central Sleep Apnea, Central Pain Syndrone
passmass

Return to ASAP Lounge