born with SM?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

born with SM?

Postby reddog » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 pm

I have cervical SM c2-c7, is this a common length for those supposedly born with the left over cord? I have been having some very
bad days lately that they try to tell me is due to everything but the wind and totally ignore the SM. The last NS said "it was on the
inside of the cord so how could it do harm"? I know I need a new doc after that. Thanks to all of you who have these same lousy days - Carolyn (Irish Setter lover)
SM & bone spurs C2/C6, Spondylolitheisis & fusions L5/S1, Breast Cancer Survivor
reddog

Re: born with SM?

Postby June » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes, Carolyn, I think you do need a new doc if s(he) says something on the inside of the cord couldn't cause a problem. What!? I have idiopathic SM--so may have been born with it. My syrinx is t6-t8/9 (inside the cord!) and hurts like the devil. It is slowly destroying my life.

Get a new doc, and good luck to you!

June
June

Return to ASAP Lounge