Here We Go

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Here We Go

Postby gunflint » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:44 am

This past few months sure flew by and I'll be flying to Bethesda on Wednesday. This is for some pre-op testing. Evidently the 8 or so MRI's I've had so far in the last few months aren't enough. I'm scheduled to fly home on Sunday the 11th. Yep, that's right. I'll be in the airport in Washing DC at noon on September 11th. At first I was rather hesitant to be anywhere near an airport on the 10th anniversary. Then I started thing about it. This may just be the best day of the past several years to fly. There shouldn't be a lot of crowds and the fact that I fit the TSA's new profile of questionable suspects ( middle aged white guy) plus the fact that I use a cane and have a bag full of narcotics should insure that I get a free prostate exam with the flight.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting the crew at the NIH.
gunflint

Re: Here We Go

Postby kiminfla » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 am

Hope all goes well for you and you get some definitive answers and a treatment plan that will bring you much symptom relief! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Re: Here We Go

Postby karenb » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Mark,

OMG!!! I can't believe how fast time has flown by!!!

I hope you've arrived safely (and comfortably) in MD and are settled in (you arrived yesterday...????).

I'll be thinking of you during the next few days I hope everything goes well! (A small part of me hopes that you can be a voice for those of us who don't qualify for these studies... part of me is so jealous I can't stand it!)

Go for it!!!

Karen

P.S. Sorry if I'm a bit discombobulated... I always am after a 3-day weekend... especially when it coincides with a change in my meds, MD, & PT schedule! Remember that Sept 11 is only a date - for me, the actual anniversary will always be the Tuesday right after Labor Day - I don't think I'll ever forget driving to work along the bayshore south of NYC, and seeing the smoke. This year will be particularly hard, since Sunday also marks six months since my father's passing.
karenb

Return to ASAP Lounge