Hydrosyrinx ?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hydrosyrinx ?

Postby JuneBug » Tue May 31, 2011 5:14 pm

Why hydrosyrinx instead of sm? In the lower thoracic cord between the T10-T11 level to the tip of the conus. AP dimension 4 mm at the T12. The present fluid collection is unusually prominent and slightly expands the lower thoracic cord contour. What is the lower thoracic cord contour?
I also had an x-ray. Would someone please explain what is going and if it requires surgery? L5-S1: Grade 1 subluxation with uncovered disk. Severe facet arthropathy and bilateral ligamentum flavum buckling deform posterior lateral thecal sac.
I understand that there isn't any thing to be done with the sm but have not been told it goes to the conus before. If the L5-S1 requires surgery, will the sm infer?
I go to a pain management dr and on(2) Cymbalta,60 mg and Lyrica 150 mg 2 a day. These med help greatly, especially since the problem with lower back. Any help is welcomed.
JuneBug

Re: Hydrosyrinx ?

Postby tennesseewalker » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi JuneBug,

Have you been back to see the doc who ordered the MRI? Take a list of your questions with you when you go. Good luck.

Mary
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Return to ASAP Lounge