EMPLOYEE HAD HER BABY 6 WEEKS EARLY

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

EMPLOYEE HAD HER BABY 6 WEEKS EARLY

Postby wendi » Mon May 09, 2011 4:01 pm

And boy am I beat. She had him on 4/27 and it was really dead in here. Since she had him early, we had no time to prepare and of course the whole month of April was pretty dead in my agency and as soon as she is gone, Wham all hell breaks loose. I am soooo tired! I can't believe how busy I am! I am selling policies, servicing and advising and people are coming in right and left to make payments. Where did all these people come from? Last weekend I stayed in my PJ's the whole two days on the couch watching TV and napping. I dont' know if I am going to make it. I could use some energy here folks. Please send me some. My cm is really rearing it's ugly head as I am not used to working so hard and for so many hours.

On a positive note, the little guy weighed 5lbs, 1oz and is doing fine. He is supposed to come home tonight.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: EMPLOYEE HAD HER BABY 6 WEEKS EARLY

Postby Janice » Tue May 10, 2011 9:41 pm

Wow Wendi! You sound extremely busy, makes me want a nap just hearing you say how busy you've been. I'm so sorry your CM is being a beast. That's what happens from doing too much, or from working your tail off with too many hours in. I know it's good for business, I just wish it didn't have to be so bad on you.

Congrats from me to your employee!

Take care Wendi, you're always in my thoughts & prayers! Love you, hugs!
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby wendi » Wed May 11, 2011 8:15 am

Thanks my dear Janice. It is not surprising you were the only one to post. I am hanging in there. I asked when she might come back, telling her we agreed a month when she told me she was pregnant. That would be 5/25, but I told her how about the Tuesday after Memorial Day as I knew she would need more time since he is a preemie, well, she asked for even more since she does not want her MIL keeping him so soon. She said she was thinking June 6! OMG! That is way more time than I figured or wanted. I may look for someone to replace her. I am sorry for her, but I can't do this by myself. I would not have hired a pregnant woman in the first place had I known. I am just a small business and can't afford to have two people working for me now, so if the right person comes along, she may find herself out of a job. With her P&C license she wont' have a problem finding one, but if she comes back that Tuesday, we may be ok. I am just really sick and tired right now, so who knows?

Thanks again BFF!

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby syrinx48 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 am

Hi Wendy,

How are you coping now? Can't you try to hire someone on a temporary basis? In Holland it is quite common to do so. Also the employer is protected in such a way financilly, that it is made possible. You can't do the job what normally is done by two! Hold on sweety and try to take care of yourself, no matter how! Is it perhaps possible to put à stretcher in another room and when business is at à point of THE day à bit slow you can lay down, just to get THE pressure of your back. Set à timer if you are afraid you oversleep.

Gentle hugs,

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby wendi » Tue May 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Thanks Annmarie: I do lock up for lunch and go home and rest for 2 hours. I can't hire a temp as insurance is not easy and you must have a license. Just having someone answer the phones is really no help, my voicemail does the same job for free. I am hanging in and hoping she will be back the day after Memorial Day, 5/31/11. These long hours are brutal! Now it is raining here and that is making it worse! This morning on my way to the bank, I was almost in tears I was hurting, I spoke to myself and got under control. Not much you can do when you own the business and there is no one else.

The funny thing is, Allstate has a temp here, A telemarketer, making more work for me. Brittany and I were to take turns working the late nights, Arghh! I am making money, who cares right? I sure don't. My DH does. He won't even come in on his day off and help. 3 more days this week to go.

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby June » Wed May 18, 2011 12:03 am

Wendi - I've been so busy with my own problems that I haven't been reading this site, so just now saw your posts. Hang in there, Kid. You know you can do it--you've done it (or similar) before. All small business owners have, if they've been in business for awhile.

I'm really sorry for all that pain. Did you get to go to Hawaii? Last I heard, you had won a trip, and it sounded fantastic. I hope you had fun. When the times get bad, try to think back to those good times, lovely sights, cool breezes, warm tropical nights, and all the fun you had. I use anything I can think of to distract myself from the pain, and sometimes it even works!!!

I hope you have better days ahead.

June
June

Postby kiminfla » Wed May 18, 2011 4:45 am

Wendi, I hope these rough days pass quickly for you! Sending positive thoughts, energy and prayers your way! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby wendi » Wed May 18, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks June. I thought I won the Hawaii trip, but missed it by .2 pts! Argh, but I did win a trip to San Francisco which is the end of July and I can't wait! 5 star hotel in downtown and they really treat us like royality. I will post when we get back. The rain on top of things is just the stupid icing on the poop cake tho.

Thanks so much for your encouraging words, they are appreciated and much needed. Today, I work from 9-8 and get to go to the dentist at lunch for a cleaning, oh joy. Well, at least it is not a root canal. You have to look on the bright side right?

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby June » Thu May 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh Wendi, I'm sorry--I didn't know about the Hawaii trip. But San Fran is fabulous! So much to do--I call it Disneyland for adults! Be careful not to overdo. And July is a perfect time to go. I'm jealous. (My daughter and family live in the area.) If I could travel, I'd be joining you!

I agree about the rain--oddly enough, we are having lots of rain (and snow), too. Kind of unusual for Colorado, and we are all beginning to feel the effects--moody, depressed, etc. Where's the sun? But the water is filling our reservoirs, so that's good. But I remember from my working days that bad weather meant more work--I did property management. I sympathize.

All I can offer is the obvious: stop doing everything that doesn't absolutely have to be done. Paper plates and pizza at home, show DH how to do laundry, if you can hire some home help, get groceries delivered, every little bit helps. I was amazed how much energy it saved me just ordering groceries on line and having them delivered the next day. Put your energy into what you HAVE to do, and let everything else go. Anybody who doesn't understand--screw 'em. It is your business, and you WILL get it done. And you will take care of yourself, too. The house--not so much.

Feel better, Wendi. This, too, shall pass. (Really!)
June

Postby wendi » Fri May 20, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks so much Junebug! I am letting it all go. I am still doing laundry as I am still in love with my new toys, but that is all. DH always did the grocery shopping, so the stuff that I do, I have let go. My house is a sty and I don't care! No one is allowed it, period.

A girl who works part time in another office just called, she is coming by this afternoon. She offered to help me a few hours a week under the table. Yay, I am taking her up on that!

Thanks!
Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby June » Fri May 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Good for you, Wendi!

Nobody's called me Junebug since my father.
June

Postby *Hope* » Sat May 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Oh Wendi! You have been a busy lady. I got tired just reading your post. ha! Now, I'm wondering if I'm losing it completely because I thought you had decided to sell your business. I tried to look for your post, but I can't click on names to read posts anymore. Weird. Are you over-doing it still or are things slowing back down now? I hope your cm is giving you a break and not still rearing its head. Glad to hear the baby is OK. Try to get a break here and there, ok?

You're really tough! Hang in there. :)
CM1
*Hope*

Postby Sinamyn » Sun May 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Wendi. You said your employee now wants to wait until June since she doesn't want her MIL keeping him so soon. Is it possible to let her bring the baby with her during that couple weeks? She may be a little less productive, but it would still lighten your load. And newborns don't do much other than sleep, eat & poop LOL. (Even their cries are small for the first couple months, rather than the annoying screams of unruly toddlers.) I once worked for a company that allowed one of the employees to do that and she kept a little "moses" basket in her office. She was delighted to be able to work, and not worry about her baby during that time. Once he got a little older, she put him into day care, but as a newborn it gave her reassurance.

Hope you feel better.
~Sinamyn~
Krystina
Wife, mom & stepmom
Lost in confusion, fear, and uncertainty.

"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane." -Jimmy Buffett
Sinamyn

Postby wendi » Mon May 23, 2011 7:15 am

Hi Hope:

I was going to sell, but he we could not agree on the terms, so I decided to stick it out. I found a good employee, who ended up pregnant. I am starting to make some money, so if I stay on pace and can get a part timer, it may work out. When she is here, I don't have to work as hard and can get some rest. The baby came 6 weeks early, so we weren't prepared.

Another agent's staff person took pity on me and she only works part time for him, so she is comeing in this week to help me, but needs to be paid under the table. Heck, I don't care, any help at all is worth it and it saves me money in the long run. She is good and has her P&C license and knows the system, so she will be a great help till Brittany comes back.

Sinamyn: I did offer at one time, to her to bring the little guy in. I dont' have a problem with that, I think she does. It is a small office, but we have all sorts of people in and out of here, and she may worry about him coming in to contact with other peoples germs being he is so small and a preemie. I have even told her before if there is an emergency, to bring the 3 year old in. I am really not a hard person to work for. I have been told, too easy which is why I get taken advantage of.

I will see if I hear from her this week. Now that the holiday is coming, it will probably slow down especially since I have some help on the way.

Thanks Everyone!
Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to ASAP Lounge