Surgery in Wisconsin

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

Surgery in Wisconsin

Postby mjfitsch » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi, I'm kind of new to this forum, and just wanted to say I know everyone has an opinion on what we should or shouldn't do, or where we should or shouldn't go to receive help, and to tell you the truth after reading some duragatory things about the Chiari Inistitute in Wisconsin, I was beginning to get a bit nervous of my decision to have Tethered cord release on March 2. Though, I am only a week and a half post-op, I must say Dr. Heffez has given me what I feel as another chance at beginning a new physical life. From the day I was able to stand out of bed, and walk after my surgery, I noticed a difference. For the first time in 5 years, my bladder is working properly. I am so glad I found him, and he expects with the release of the tension on my spinal cord, that I will have much more relief from my CM/SM also. I had decompression in 2003 by a neurosurgeon locally, that was unsuccessful, but have had allot of problems with bladder, weakness in limbs, etc for the last 5 years, and Dr. Heffez was able to locate my problem and will forever be grateful that I have found such a wonderful Dr. and absolutley recommend him for CM/SM/Tethered Cord, etc.

Jessica
mjfitsch

Re: Surgery in Wisconsin

Postby Janice » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi Jessica and Welcome! :)

Thank you for posting about the success you had with Dr. Heffez. Unfortunately, every person might have a different perception which is why it's important to search on the doctor's name. By performing a search, the person is able to get a broader perspective.

I'm so happy to hear that you're coming along well in your recovery. Five years is quite a long time to suffer. Kudos to Dr. Heffez for doing a terrific job.

Take care, you're in my thoughts and prayers for a successful and uneventful recovery. (((((hugs)))))
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Re: Surgery in Wisconsin

Postby weluvbali » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:40 pm

The problem is that these people who are spreading bad things don't seem to be able to tell us what bad things they have heard this doctor in Wisconsin...I'd really like to see some proof. I recently had 2-level discectomy by this doctor in the end of January and will be having Chiari surgery in a couple weeks. He was extremely thorough, asked a lot of questions and did a wonderful job with my neck. He is very intelligent and knows what he is doing. When doing my exam he was very focused. He was polite but not overly friendly because he was really concentrating so that he would correctly diagnose me. He visited me in the hospital and was very nice and friendly at my post op appointment. He's not Mr. personality, but I would much rather he possess the knowledge and talent to perform successful brain surgery than act like my best friend. Again, I would love to see some proof. Are people going to believe someone that supposedly "heard it through the grapevine"or from someone that has actually gone to him, met him and had successful surgery with him? Jennifer-Washington State
weluvbali

Return to Share Your Success Story!