New here, just found out I have a syrinx,

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

New here, just found out I have a syrinx,

Postby sandyz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Hello, I am a 53 your old female and just found a have a syrinx and also 2 cyst and lots of limpas throughout mine spine. I just had a second MRi done, CAT scan and Bone Scan to see how bad this all is and what is causing it. I also have Fibromyalgia and Intercystistial Cystis for many years. I am reading here and learning more about Syrinx. I had never heard of them before I got diagnosed with this. I was wondering if any of you had earaches and a pressure feeling in head and ears with your other symptoms? Also wondering how serious a diagnosis the syrinx is? I had enough to deal with already with the FM and ICS, I don`t know how I am going to deal with all this new stuff! I guess I am kind of stunned by the whole thing. Any words of encouragement or advice would be appreciated.
sandyz

Re: New here, just found out I have a syrinx,

Postby thieb9 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi. First off let me say I am sorry for everything you are going through. I too have a syrinx. Do you have Chiari as well? In some cases a syrinx can be very serious. If it gets large enough it puts pressure on your nerves. It depends on the size and if it is getting larger.

As for the syptoms, I have those as well(the ear and head pressure). I also have chiari too so I am not sure if it is one or both causing the sypmtoms.
My advice for you would to see a Neurosurgeon that is familiar with this.. I myself have seen 2 who said they are no big deal, and in the matter of 2 years it has increased in size signifigantly.. now requiring surgery..

Some of the symptoms from a syrinx can also be similar to that of fibromyalgia..

Good luck
Chiari 11mm , syrinx
thieb9

Return to Share Your Success Story!